FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: While we are waiting - baitshops ANSWERS  (Read 1380 times)

rivereddy

While we are waiting - baitshops ANSWERS
« on: Feb 12, 2016, 07:41 PM »
Yes, I've already snookered a couple of walleye out of a tailrace or two
but the last 3 days have been a tad nippy..Soooo.  I saw on another
forum a thread on old bait shops and it got me to thinking.  I can recall
more closed ones than ones that are still open.  I have to drive clear
across town and then double back to get decent minnows.

Here's the deal:  All of the shops below are now closed.  Where were
they and what body of water did they serve?  All were in Indiana.  I'll toss What am I missing?
in a few for starters.

Vance's -Indy -Geist  reservior                              Wright's  - downtown Linton-  the pits                   Bud's   -  Ninevah In  - Prince's Lakes

6 & 9 northern Indiana intersection of                    Tomey's  Geist Reservoir Indy                              4 way bridge (Dirty Harry's)  Linton pits
         SR  6  &  SR  9

Ham's  Prince's/cordray/sweetwater                        Eagle Creek  west side Indy                                  Forsee's  Jeffersonville In Ohio River

Frazier's  SR 144 & SR 135                                     Massengill's  original Summit Lake                        Willet's  Greenfield In

Minner's  Linton strip pits                                        Sportsman's 54  Dugger Pits                                 Fall Creek  - on Fall creek -  Indy by the fairgrounds

Broad Ripple  White River North Indy                        Burt's  Monroe Crooked Creek                               Budnicks  Mass Ave Indy

kfishdoctor

Re: While we are waiting - baitshops
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2016, 08:28 PM »
Mik-Lurch new years eve. Great place and people. Its sad to see all of the different places going under and I think its only going to get worse. Down to one in my area, Stans. I still remember it as a kid and Im 61. Hope he hangs in there.

Daybreak

« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2016, 05:57 PM »
Yes, it is sad.  Travel Tender in Goshen closed a couple years back.  Don't know of any place in Goshen to get minnows.  Have to head to Syracuse, I guess.
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

abishop

« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2016, 11:11 AM »
Mik-Lurch new years eve. Great place and people. Its sad to see all of the different places going under and I think its only going to get worse. Down to one in my area, Stans. I still remember it as a kid and Im 61. Hope he hangs in there.
Sorry to see McLurchs close. Mike, and Ed were a couple great guys. They would always give me a 25-30 percent discount on st. Croix, loomis rods and reels as well.

boondox

« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2016, 09:00 PM »
I feel your guys pain having a close by bait shop " holdens" burn down cause of a grease fire in their deep fryer .. and the nearest ones are 20 minutes away.. I do feel your pain and wish those still in business  the best of luck...   

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2016, 11:19 AM »
Remember driving by Fall Creek, it was across from the state fairgrounds.  So it must have been for Fall creek, and any of the parks along it in downtown Indy.

rivereddy

« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2016, 01:17 PM »

FALL CREEK BAIT AND TACKLE
Yup.  Was the sight of an old mill.  The bait shop started out of that.
The mill burned in the late 50's/early 60's and the shop rebuilt on
the sight.  I believe the family that owned it commuted from Brown County.

rivereddy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.