FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Electronics Upgrade  (Read 1974 times)

Dragon11

Electronics Upgrade
« on: Feb 25, 2016, 09:27 AM »
Looking to upgrade electronics for this upcoming season. Anyone mainly use lowrance and have any thoughts on the best bang for your buck?
The new elite ti series looks like a great deal. Just looking for any help from someone using more advanced finders and chartplotters thanks!

Dragon11

Re: Electronics Upgrade
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2016, 10:15 AM »

Thanks the HDS 7 I have been leaning towards for awhile. There are so many options out there right now you can spend months trying to find the best one.
I have only heard good things about the structure scan been itching to upgrade to see what its all about.

Mac Attack

« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2016, 11:21 AM »
Thanks the HDS 7 I have been leaning towards for awhile. There are so many options out there right now you can spend months trying to find the best one.
I have only heard good things about the structure scan been itching to upgrade to see what its all about.

Always deals.
If you are waiting for the latest and greatest, it will never happen.
Like computers, in a week the unit you bought will be obsolete.
lol

Best place I found to review these units and decipher all of the features is Youtube.

My son Jeff shows me videos there all of the time that really explain things.
Even my cement head can be penetrated.

Good luck.
Mac

boondox

« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2016, 06:12 PM »
what kind of vessel and does it have auto pilot? if it has auto pilot capability's there is only one choice it simrad nss7 evo2 ...

like this one

http://www../product/boating/marine-electronics/sonars-sonar-gps-combos%7C/pc/104794380/c/104707080/sc/104588280/simrad-nss-7-evo2-with-insight/1872147.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fsonars-sonar-gps-combos%2Fsimrad%2F_%2FN-1100517%2B4294748397%2FNe-4294748397%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104588280%3FWTz_st%3DGuidedNav%26WTz_stype%3DGNU

now if there is no auto pilot and not much worried about any thing else then the hds7 gen 2 is the way to go it is a great unit so how can any one complain about it try to stay away from humming bird I hear they got bad customer service...by the way auto pilot drives the boat for you on your main motor you can also add radar to your set up is another option with simrad radar...a lot of ocean guys use it along with a few great lakes charter captains....plus there all link able to one unit so looking at one screen instead of fifty...     

also the gen 2 lowrance don't got radar or wifi expansion just a head up! and is not "ais" compliant for 2016... now the simrad has a $200 rebate and only coast 1,099.00 before rebate so it will cost about 899.99... and is expandable. and does not have the aispart of it...   ais is required for vessel 30 foot and over if your vessel is over 30 foot you got to step up to the simrad    nss9 evo which is ais compliant which retail on that \unit is $1,249.99 with rebate of $200 you can also expand these units with wifi on the simrad and lowrance gen 3 only.... the gen two is basic and maybe not worth it? is why I bring this all up?? it like buying out date technology really out dated with the gen 2...

Dragon11

« Reply #5 on: Feb 26, 2016, 12:08 PM »
I have a bass tracker 175txw so the hds7 looks like it should work perfect.
I would love to have something bigger just wish the budget wasnt so tight.
Thanks again for the input!

boondox

« Reply #6 on: Feb 26, 2016, 12:27 PM »
I have a bass tracker 175txw so the hds7 looks like it should work perfect.
I would love to have something bigger just wish the budget wasnt so tight.
Thanks again for the input!

the hds 7 gen 2 is a good unit just a tad out dated.. now for a 17 foot bass tracker it should do you good and give  years of good  service...

Dragon11

« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2016, 10:47 AM »
Thanks if it wasnt the hds series the new elite TI line looks pretty reliable as well.
just not sure if i want to be the first one giving it a review after spending 800

Mac Attack

« Reply #8 on: Feb 27, 2016, 07:47 PM »
Thanks if it wasnt the hds series the new elite TI line looks pretty reliable as well.
just not sure if i want to be the first one giving it a review after spending 800

bingo

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.