FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: hay lure makers what are you building?  (Read 6959 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: hay lure makers what are you building?
« Reply #30 on: Mar 01, 2016, 05:06 PM »
Well, I'm by no means afraid of bait on a hook. But, if I can get away without it, I will. Some of the little jigs I'm tying are designed to be tipped with waxworms or spikes and fished under a bobber.

But I'll try them on the fly rod anyway....just because I can ;D

Rg

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

boondox

« Reply #31 on: Mar 01, 2016, 09:24 PM »
that's the nice thing about this site cause of the freedoms you give us. un- like that other sites you mention worms or waxies its like a jinx and you get blasted for saying it.. I could care less what people fish that why I brought it up so you see my point there... 

IFF

« Reply #32 on: Mar 03, 2016, 09:18 AM »
For me it was always a matter of fish numbers and water visibility for using just on the fly rod, or with a bobber.  the bobber allows for slowing the presentation down.
*¿*  Bud

Yachtzy

« Reply #33 on: Mar 03, 2016, 02:10 PM »
EPIC!  I am happy with these...I'd eat em!

[/URL[URL=http://s588.photobucket.com/user/huntny30/media/20160228_132957.jpg.html]

Those came out awesome! I just need the time, patience,  and knowledge,  and I would like to craft the same exact lures.

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #34 on: Mar 03, 2016, 05:40 PM »
Thanks...it isn't as hard as you think!
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

Huntny30

« Reply #35 on: Mar 05, 2016, 06:04 PM »
So I started experimenting with a couple different styles of lures...I am happy with them...I think they will catch fish...I have a bunch of different blanks now so the experiments will continue...I went with a Orange/Silver, Black/Gold, Black/Gold Red Gill and I tried a Rainbow Trout.  The Rainbow isn't my favorite I have to do a few things different I think to make it how I want!  I am so ready to start trying this stuff in the new boat!  I ordered some different style eyes, more split rings and more trebles...I will finish them later this upcoming week!

\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #36 on: Mar 05, 2016, 06:32 PM »
You're hopelessly hooked ;D

They look great. Time for an air brush?

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

boondox

« Reply #37 on: Mar 05, 2016, 06:35 PM »
they look awesome still huntny30!

I think the problem with the rainbow trout is the blue on the pink and green those two color the green and pink are color correct to me but I would use black dots in stead of blue personally... how I would do it is take some black paint and spray it in to the cap so it puddle up in the cap then take a tooth pick and dip the tip in the paint and make dot with the tooth pick by toughing the painted tooth pick to the lure and moving it in a circle I would add it more on the green and a few on the pink but not as many on the pink.. I got some eppinger spoons painted green and silver with a pink stripe with a silver belly I add black dot to...care full of over spray if you got cars around...stager them dot so they don't look like a machine did it they should come out fine! I will see if I can find a picture of the trout that the dot would be more correct looking for if I can ... also the 4 inch size of these lures are a tad big for trout par is why I suggest a adult trout or a yearling trout...

like in this picture I pull off the web..

Huntny30

« Reply #38 on: Mar 05, 2016, 06:42 PM »
Thanks guys...good pointers!  I need to go get a couple more colors...I need to do some clown colored stuff for spring browns...I need to try to match the gobies as well...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.