FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: how about a panfish jig swap  (Read 17267 times)

jeffmac85

Re: how about a panfish jig swap
« Reply #120 on: Apr 14, 2016, 03:16 AM »
Completely forgot to reply.  I received mine the other day and it was like Christmas lol.  Nice to see some other patterns guys are using.  This worked out great and I'm always game for another.   I don't do a lot of fly fishing but I'm sure I can come up with something

big_guy_13021

« Reply #121 on: Apr 14, 2016, 05:34 AM »
. Well I got fish on everyone's jig that was in the swap.alot a fun.i think I'll post my filettes to..yum yum...

big_guy_13021

« Reply #122 on: Apr 14, 2016, 05:43 AM »
. Yum yum ;D

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #123 on: Apr 14, 2016, 09:31 AM »
X2 yum yum
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

perchgypsy

« Reply #124 on: Apr 14, 2016, 11:41 AM »
Seen this on maniacs ...awesome you got these on our swap jigs..you are the panfish whisperer...keep it up bigguy👍👍

perchgypsy

« Reply #125 on: Apr 19, 2016, 08:47 PM »
Is there a interest in another mff swap?Before I go ahead and start a swap #2 thread I'm game for suggestions...do guys want to stick with panfish theme?
One thing I def want to throw in the mix is besides sending two per member we also make one jig extra and these jigs go to the creator of this site(meaning if ten are involved we make 18+1...19 total jigs for swap and the extra goes to admin )...he has brought us together to communicate and share fishing from all over and also these swaps...why not thank him with ten nice swap items👍once I get some feed back I will start another thread and go from there
walleye jigs?
panfish jigs?
Panfish Flies?
mix and match?
Be set up the same hope to get ten guys this time(first ten are in)
If you get in and feel you won't meet a deadline just pm or reply to thread and maybe we can fill the spot with guys in order they chime in
let's talk swap #2

boondox

« Reply #126 on: Apr 19, 2016, 09:04 PM »

I game but what about
 a steel head jig swap??
 trout streamer fly swap?
if not?? then pan fish flies it is has my vote??

and ya lets throw in a few for the site admins....

perchgypsy

« Reply #127 on: Apr 19, 2016, 10:36 PM »
That was my thoughts about fly swap...would have to round it off by a species or two....
panfish flies have my vote as well...ones I do I use for icefishing ...more like a jig but could be tossed with a fly rod

tjacob

« Reply #128 on: Apr 20, 2016, 07:31 AM »
I would certainly be up to doing this again. I do most of my tying during the winter months so probably wouldn't do much the rest of the year. Ice just went out on area lakes so will be trying out these patterns soon. I have tied up some of the jigs I sent in 1/100 th oz so I can dig out my fly rod to try them. I don't do a lot of walleye jigs anymore as the rocky snag-filled waters around here eat them faster than I can make them, but whatever is decided I can make something that will or has worked for me. Also happy to throw in a couple extra as well as a few bucks for the coordinator.

perchgypsy

« Reply #129 on: Apr 20, 2016, 08:53 AM »
How about each member who is in picks there favorite species and bait they make when targeting it...if it's a jig make jigs if it's a fly make flies...as each member says he or she is in on swap they also put down species they want to represent???..this time also make a material list for each member so we know how to duplicate the tye ...so far panfish flies are top but I kind of like this idea

icejohn

« Reply #130 on: Apr 21, 2016, 11:08 PM »
Panfish flies have my vote.....used to do a lot of flyfizhing for gills then last year started tying flys/bugs and poppers and realized what I've been missing.....so definitely in.
icejohn
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

perchgypsy

« Reply #131 on: Apr 22, 2016, 03:57 PM »
I'm going to start the thread today...thanks for reply icejohn

icejohn

« Reply #132 on: Apr 24, 2016, 07:31 PM »
Here are some gill caught today on one of big swap jigs (Boon's)..... nice gills

Thanks boondox

perchgypsy

« Reply #133 on: Apr 25, 2016, 06:56 AM »
Very cool ...thanks for sharing ice john...boons jigs are slick and there's the proof

boondox

« Reply #134 on: Apr 25, 2016, 10:26 PM »
don't worry I include some thing for guys with the tight lipped fish... for use with  gulp or even minnow use like so

and trusty me it does work lol's...

here is the proof

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.