FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Camera Panner for open water?  (Read 1418 times)

• I'd rather be fishing!
Camera Panner for open water?
« on: Mar 21, 2016, 08:31 AM »
any one know if there is a camera holder/panner for open water?
if not, sounds like some one could cash in. a rod holder mount could be used to hold one. seems like scotty brand would have one.

stripernut

Re: Camera Panner for open water?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2016, 09:43 AM »
I am a big fan of using a camera for both open and ice fishing, a GREAT learning tool. When we use them in the open water (from a boat) we will often drop two anchors if we want to watch one "spot", otherwise the camera has a view more like the windshield of your car going down the road. In my experience, unless you are fairly stationary, the panning feature would not be that helpful...

• I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2016, 06:32 PM »
thanks for the info!

i wanted to use one in my kayak. it is part of the marcum lx9 and needs a way to hold on to it at least, but aiming will be needed too. in a kayak, the winds are calm and so is the water when i take it out.

i was thinking maybe a rod holder with an ice panner might work, but was hoping some one designed one for open water. sounds like marcum should consider it being they designed the lx9 for open water and ice. the camera is designed to point forward in a current. they call it the manta camera and has side and rear fins.
the camera has a ballast, it's weighs 2.5 pounds.

i do use double anchors on trolly's on both sides on the yak when there's a wind.

i have never seen any thing made for this application, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

stripernut

« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2016, 09:06 PM »
Good luck finding one, but I think you will have better luck making one yourself...

• I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2016, 08:02 AM »
stripernut
thanks again.

i do have the marcum wired panner that might fit a scotty rod holder, so i guess that's what's next. sorta surprised no one makes any thing for it tho. seems like a missed opportunity for some manufacturers.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.