FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Shout out to Tilly's Hats!  (Read 1399 times)

stripernut

Shout out to Tilly's Hats!
« on: Mar 25, 2016, 11:55 AM »
Like many of us here I spend a great deal of time on the water. Often out in the sun, almost two decades ago I bought a Tilly's wide brim hat, it was not cheap, but it fit well, shaded my eyes and kept the the sun off my thinning hair (there is still some there, I just keep it short)! If you have not worn a wide brim hat, one of the biggest pluses is it keeps the rain off the back of you neck! It also come with a lifetime warranty and I just got back my 3rd hat that I sent back after wearing it out (covered for wear and tear)... For the cost of shipping ($8 something to get it back) they sent me a new hat... It is great when a company stands behind their product and I thought a shout out was in order!

A little info I wrote long ago;
The Importance of Wide Brim Hats
The most important part of your body to protect from the sun is your ears. 90% of the skin cancer that kills people starts on their ears. Wearing a billed cap will not protect you, only a wide brim hat will.  Even if you wear a hat, make sure that you put on sun block on your face and ears, a lot of light is reflected off the water!

jeffh129

Re: Shout out to Tilly's Hats!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2016, 07:27 PM »
I have several of their hats in different styles. Very good hats, except they tend to be a bit warm as they are made out of a heavy material and they don't breath well. In the last few years I've found hats of the same style , but made out of much lighter material.

appleye

« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2016, 10:51 PM »
I would agree with everything. I replaced one last year for the $8. I have two now one heavy and one light. My dad had parts removed from his ear years ago and the Dr. recommended he wear and wide brim hat. He told me I needed to start. Great advise and a great piece of equipment!

fishlessman

« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2016, 12:52 PM »
have had a lost one replaced at half price and 3 replacements as well. i rot thru them about every 3 to 4 years ;D

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 2016, 10:45 AM »
Yep, just about every picture of me fishing open water is going to have me in my Tilly hat. I remember when I bought it, I was a little horrified to spend $55 on a hat. In retrospect I would have paid twice that.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.