MFF US Midwest > Michigan
Field & Stream opens today in Kalamazoo
(1/1)
3300:
this will put the hurts to d&r sports for sure, but nice to have more shopping options in that area. my mom lives really close to the store, so i will check it out.
boondox:
So how was the store? From what my buddies say is it is better then gander mtn. The one around here is at least?  I try to stick to the mom and pop shops best I can.. lakes area bait and tackle if I can't get it there then pro bait tackle in port huron.. if I can get it there I go to d&bfishing.com  or grapentin  if I can get it at those I go to making my own...then after all that I go to gander bass pro and cabelas...lastly...feel bad for that mom and pop shop!! it like when gander moved in around here lake side bait and tackle closed up and left town only way to stop it is support them with business!!..

3300:
i haven't had time to go and it's 100 mile drive round trip.
the problem with mom/pop shops are they don't have what i want most times, that's why the go away. they have to have all of that space to carry all of those things.
there's a mom/pop store for sale up in east leroy if you know any one who wants one. it's called the eyes have it.
one in my area closed because he got too old to keep it opened. it was the size of a garage, but he kept what would sell enough to keep it going. mostly live bait.

another mom/pop shop is still going here, but most of his sales are online. i take care of their computers i built them. they quit selling live bait except for the bait they keep in the fridge like spikes and worms. the archery dept. helps keep them going big time.
3300:
i did get to drive past it and you can see it from us 131 at stadium dr exit. it looks like a micro cabelas. you'd think it was a cabelas because of the way it's built. same colors and building materials. was on the way to the movies in plainwell with the wife and my mom.
warbonnett:
      And welcome to the ZOO !    :D  ::)   :sleep1:                        WB
Navigation
Message Index

Go to full version