FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: RED II  (Read 12385 times)

touge30

Re: RED II
« Reply #15 on: Apr 03, 2016, 01:02 PM »
I dont post much, but have to comment on that boat .Wish it was mine!

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #16 on: Apr 03, 2016, 01:28 PM »
Nice rig.........walleye look out!
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #17 on: Apr 04, 2016, 08:22 AM »
Love the boat, and I approve of the name!!

perchgypsy

« Reply #18 on: Apr 04, 2016, 08:26 AM »
Sweet boat reeleyez ..won't be long for walleye opener

bauls25

• AKA paul23
« Reply #19 on: Apr 04, 2016, 09:41 AM »
Sharp looking Lund. That bimini does look nice.

Tom Hannock

« Reply #20 on: Apr 04, 2016, 10:39 AM »
Nice red Lund.  Very similar to mine except I don't have a steering wheel.  How many HP is the Mercury?
Friends don't let friends use tipups.

eyedoctor

« Reply #21 on: Apr 04, 2016, 12:07 PM »
beautiful boat enjoy your new red II fish catching machine

reeleyz

« Reply #22 on: Apr 04, 2016, 05:15 PM »
Nice red Lund.  Very similar to mine except I don't have a steering wheel.  How many HP is the Mercury?

It's a 90. I thought about the 115 but I really don't need that much speed. It should still go between 35 and 40 which is plenty fast enough for me.

Mac Attack

« Reply #23 on: Apr 04, 2016, 05:41 PM »
It's a 90. I thought about the 115 but I really don't need that much speed. It should still go between 35 and 40 which is plenty fast enough for me.

I've got the 60 on my 1650 Rebel and wish I had gone for the 90 (max for mine).
Mine will do 35-38 depending upon amount of people in it and water conditions.
But it isn't about speed, it's about getting up on plane.
The hole shot.
Mine was good until I mounted all the gear.
The Terrova and 2 deep cycle batteries up front, the 8hp Honda kicker on the back, the downriggers, rod holders, tackle, my fat a$$...........it all adds up.
Time to plane is nowhere it was before I added everything.

reeleyz

« Reply #24 on: Apr 04, 2016, 06:41 PM »
You are doing good if you can get that speed out of a 16' Rebel with a 60. My 1625 has a 60 and it goes 35 max with just me and trimmed up. Planing off is tougher with a lot of weight in the boat for sure.

The Impact is balanced a lot better. I took Chowdaire's 1775  Impact for a spin last fall and it planes off totally different than the Rebel. The bow does not raise up, the whole boat lifts up on plane. He has a 115 but I don't think that will make a huge difference.

I will report back when I take it for a spin, hopefully soon...

ryanrobb52

« Reply #25 on: Apr 04, 2016, 07:12 PM »
Great looking rig Bruce!  Almost time to get the deck smelling like walleyes!

Mac Attack

« Reply #26 on: Apr 04, 2016, 07:29 PM »
You are doing good if you can get that speed out of a 16' Rebel with a 60. My 1625 has a 60 and it goes 35 max with just me and trimmed up. Planing off is tougher with a lot of weight in the boat for sure.

The Impact is balanced a lot better. I took Chowdaire's 1775  Impact for a spin last fall and it planes off totally different than the Rebel. The bow does not raise up, the whole boat lifts up on plane. He has a 115 but I don't think that will make a huge difference.

I will report back when I take it for a spin, hopefully soon...

Mine is a Rebel XL.
Not sure if that matters.
Also, it's an SS, so it's lighter than a full windshield model, and has less wind resistance.
I also bought a 4 blade stainless steel prop and was able to work with my dealer buddy to determine the best pitch for what I wanted.
I swapped props 3X before finding what I wanted for things.
It's still not great.
Can't beat HP.
You can always pull back on the throttle.
But if you run out of power..............it won't go past the stop and get you more magically.
When I had the boat built, I violated my cardinal rule - max out the HP to the boat rating.

The setup I have works.
And it's mega fuel efficient.
That's for sure.
But in the grand scheme of things, how much more gas would I use each year with the 90?
Not much.

Out on Lake Erie, where I primarily use it, we rarely get to run at higher speeds.
It's all about using the throttle to get up on plane quickly in rough water.
And then to be able to work the throttle to get the safest and driest ride back home.
More HP allows you to do this.

A friend of mine, Pete, cautioned me when I bought the rig about the 60 not being enough.
He was right.
And to switch it now would simply cost WAY too much.
I would take a pounding.
Only going to own it another 3-5 years anyway.
It works.

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #27 on: Apr 04, 2016, 07:58 PM »
Awesome ride Bruce!! I'll look for ya on the lake this summer 👍🏼
Nice job findin em

boondox

« Reply #28 on: Apr 04, 2016, 08:27 PM »
you did get a good boat going bigger then the rest of us lol buddy of my dads has a lowe fm165 pro wt with the walk threw wind shield thing is to small for erie on our side.... we get 1 to 2 foot waves and every one on board wants to up chuck.. his is good for smaller lakes like mullet lk.  burt lk.  etc.. etc.. or even the st clair river like the north channel but is for sure a small boat.. he should have bought a 17 to 20 foot boat but for sure you got a nicer boat for fishing and less of a beating on your self while fishing to... 

Tom Hannock

« Reply #29 on: Apr 05, 2016, 11:25 AM »
35 to 40 would be right.  I wish I had a 90 but because mine is a tiller( 2007 ProAngler 17) coast guard regs limit it to 75.  I started out at 60 and had to repower due to issues with getting on plane with a full load(3 people, 3 batteries, full livewell, etc...).  With the 75HP I can get 32 to 36mph. 
Friends don't let friends use tipups.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.