FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Temp meter with probe?  (Read 3611 times)

taxid

Temp meter with probe?
« on: Apr 14, 2016, 09:17 AM »
Does anyone make a meter to just drop a sensor in and record temps at various depths anymore? Someone asked on another pond website.

I used to have one years ago. Now I have a D.O. meter that also measures temp.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishlessman

Re: Temp meter with probe?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2016, 09:29 AM »
seems pricey now but ive been using a fish hawk td for a couple years now

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2016, 09:53 AM »
If you want just zurface temp a cheap way would be a no toucb divgital meter.....you just aim it at the water voila......zurfa e temp. Har or freight always has them for around $25
Or tbe old s hool thermometer with a string or can drop with fizhing rod....i used to have one....mybe bass pro still has them
icenohn
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

fishlessman

« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2016, 10:07 AM »
if you want to go old school you can still buy the old Vexilar Deptherm(less than 10 bucks).  the fish hawk is alot better, you get all your temp depth readings in one drop AND you can attach it to lead lines and know exactly what temp and depth your running at a given speed

bigal409

« Reply #5 on: Apr 14, 2016, 10:08 AM »
If you want just zurface temp a cheap way would be a no toucb divgital meter.....you just aim it at the water voila......zurfa e temp. Har or freight always has them for around $25
Or tbe old s hool thermometer with a string or can drop with fizhing rod....i used to have one....mybe bass pro still has them
icenohn
pool thermometer? should do the trick  :thumbup_smilie:

Mac Attack

« Reply #6 on: Apr 14, 2016, 10:33 AM »
pool thermometer? should do the trick  :thumbup_smilie:

I tried this many years ago.
Problem is you are often looking for temperature breaks of only a few degrees or so.
As you lower or raise a pool thermometer through "other" temperature waters it starts to record that.

So you drop it to 25'.
Let it sit there and it's let's say 50F.
As you raise it to the surface, which is at 72F, the pool thermometer goes to the 72F mark somewhere.

Hard to get readings at various depths accurately.

If you simply want an idea of water temp at or near the surface, ok, but he asked for various depths.

TT

« Reply #7 on: Apr 14, 2016, 01:00 PM »
I was thinking of getting one of the Fishhawk TD units till I found out that the battery is not replaceable.

icejohn

« Reply #8 on: Apr 15, 2016, 08:07 PM »
Here is a link to the thermometer I was talking about earlier........check it out.....simple but effective and only about $10 and from one of our sponsors here.
icejohn

http://www.fish307.com/vexilar-deptherm//
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

Mac Attack

« Reply #9 on: Apr 15, 2016, 08:15 PM »
First, that's not a link.   :D
Second, it doesn't take you to the device.  (Too many   //)

Here's what you want -

http://www.fish307.com/vexilar-deptherm/

piscesman

« Reply #10 on: Apr 16, 2016, 07:51 AM »
I have a digital one on a reel that you can lower into the water up to 100'. Solar powered. I marked every 5' so I know the temps at the depths I'm checking. Use it during the spring and early summer then put it away. By that time I know the fish patterns that year and find them with the electronics. Good Luck.
      Kim :thumbup_smilie:
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

icejohn

« Reply #11 on: Apr 16, 2016, 01:06 PM »
First, that's not a link.   :D
Second, it doesn't take you to the device.  (Too many   //)

Here's what you want -

http://www.fish307.com/vexilar-deptherm/
Well excuuuuuse me attack!! guess I'm not as smart as you but you could get there by copying and pasting. But thanks for showing him if he couldn't copy and paste.
icejohn

taxid

« Reply #12 on: Apr 16, 2016, 05:56 PM »
I have a digital one on a reel that you can lower into the water up to 100'. Solar powered. I marked every 5' so I know the temps at the depths I'm checking. Use it during the spring and early summer then put it away. By that time I know the fish patterns that year and find them with the electronics. Good Luck.
      Kim :thumbup_smilie:

Kim,

Can you tell us the make and model and where you got it?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #13 on: Apr 16, 2016, 06:01 PM »
Well excuuuuuse me attack!! guess I'm not as smart as you but you could get there by copying and pasting. But thanks for showing him if he couldn't copy and paste.
icejohn

Thanks icejohn.

Mac Attack

« Reply #14 on: Apr 16, 2016, 07:24 PM »
icejohn

Settle down skippy.

Like I said, your "url" didn't work.
Copy and paste didn't work either (like you suggested) because the url that you posted was incorrect.
too many "//" in what you posted.

(And it definitely wasn't a "link".)

Thanks for trying to help though.

Sorry if you took offense.
My post wasn't meant to get you upset.

Mac

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.