FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Eagle Lake good to me again  (Read 3347 times)

taxid

Eagle Lake good to me again
« on: Apr 24, 2016, 08:31 PM »
Caught about 12 in a couple of hours, and unlike last week, with many of them, you can tell the males from the females now. For a time I was the only one on the lake.

Fish were 10 to 12 inches. Most were closer to 11.

Gosh it's so nice to have a lake all to yourself and no drone of jet skis or even an outboard!

Here are some pics but they aren't very good. I tried to hold the fish and take pics at the same time.

Pics were taken at one of my 1/10th acre hatchery ponds where they went into to produce crappie fry. Top one a female with the bottom two males.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

staubsaugen

Re: Eagle Lake good to me again
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2016, 01:27 PM »
are you using minnows or jigs?  i've had success with both there, just curious what you prefer.  do you raise any minnows in your ponds to fish with?

Greg2ha

• Must fish for fun!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2016, 06:50 PM »
Nice ones!

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2016, 07:54 PM »
are you using minnows or jigs?  i've had success with both there, just curious what you prefer.  do you raise any minnows in your ponds to fish with?

I was using crappies size minnows I got from Spikes bait and tackle near Topeka. I prefer to support the bait and tackle stores, and I'm not sure if I can use minnows from my pond without health testing.

I tried tube jigs but they prefer minnows.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2016, 07:55 PM »
Nice ones!

I guess but I'm so used to seeing 15 inch and over crappies in my taxidermy business they looked small! LOL

staubsaugen

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 05:55 AM »
took my kids yesterday and had a great time.  Caught a big fat bluegill trolling.  A nice bass on the ultralight rod, and then the clincher a 24" pike on the ultralight.  what a fun fight! and the kids loved it.  my daughter landed the fat bluegill and caught a few little ones under a bobber with wigglers.  seems the big gills are piled up and holding deeper here, at least that's what it looks like on my depth finder.  haven't been able focus in on them yet to find out.

taxid

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 10:06 AM »
took my kids yesterday and had a great time.  Caught a big fat bluegill trolling.  A nice bass on the ultralight rod, and then the clincher a 24" pike on the ultralight.  what a fun fight! and the kids loved it.  my daughter landed the fat bluegill and caught a few little ones under a bobber with wigglers.  seems the big gills are piled up and holding deeper here, at least that's what it looks like on my depth finder.  haven't been able focus in on them yet to find out.

Great! So you didn't try for crappies straight across from the public access in the bullrushes?

staubsaugen

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 10:56 AM »
not yesterday, had to keep moving with the kids, and i didn't have minnows to work with. i caught some nice ones there last week.  talked with a guy who was fishing a different area and he had 20 nice crappie all caught in about an hour.  hoping to get back and target some crappie soon.

taxid

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 08:12 PM »
not yesterday, had to keep moving with the kids, and i didn't have minnows to work with. i caught some nice ones there last week.  talked with a guy who was fishing a different area and he had 20 nice crappie all caught in about an hour.  hoping to get back and target some crappie soon.

Well I don't think they're going anywhere soon with this cold weather.

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Jun 18, 2016, 10:04 AM »
Drove over to the ramp to pick up litter (No time to fish today) and see the Portapottie had been flipped over by some jackass. I'd flip it back but guessing it's a mess. Was going to call the company but forgot the complete number on the way home!

taxid

« Reply #10 on: Jun 21, 2016, 08:34 AM »
i have seen many porta_hiters pushed over, at the ramps, this year.  kids will be kids. lol

since you stood it up, people will go in there and be in contact with bio-hazard and not know it. unwillingly making you a biological terrorist!  lol just kidding with you taxi.

No worries on the kidding.

I contacted my email contact on litter clean up (had to go through the proper channels).

Not much litter last time. Either wind blew it in or it's getting too hot for picnics.

taxid

« Reply #11 on: Jun 23, 2016, 10:46 AM »
i have seen many porta_hiters pushed over, at the ramps, this year.  kids will be kids. lol

Kids may be kids but every time the company has to come out and replace the port a poddy and clean the messed up one there is a cost involved. Might make the contract price for the following year for the INDNR higher. At some point the INDNR might consider not offering the option. There are a lot of bean counters in Indiana government that are just looking for excuses to cut costs.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.