FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ramp Etiquette  (Read 4747 times)

abishop

Re: Ramp Etiquette
« Reply #15 on: Apr 28, 2016, 08:37 AM »
It is always better to laugh with someone than to laugh at them. Just my 2 cents. I also will tend to lend a helping hand.

Yachtzy

« Reply #16 on: Apr 28, 2016, 02:42 PM »
 A little trick I learned to back a trailer up easily:
Hold your hand on the bottom part of the steering wheel, if you want the azz end to go right, move your hand right. Left to left of course.

I learned backing my friends boat in a single wide driveway on a busy main street, you get one shot at it until people start laying on the horn.

If I'm at a ramp and see someone having a hard time, I offer to back their vehicle in. I feel it's the hardest thing for most people. They will appreciate it, and you will get in the water quicker.

lowaccord66

« Reply #17 on: Apr 28, 2016, 02:57 PM »
Helping is the way to be.  Just last year I hd another angler gettig ready to lauch offer to old my dock line while I ran to the truck....

If I see guys struggling to get out eith their kids extra attention is given!

taxid

« Reply #18 on: Apr 28, 2016, 10:25 PM »
I agree with you guys about helping but some people are scary stupid.  They're an accident waiting to happen.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

stinkybaits

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2016, 08:16 AM »
I find that it makes the trip more interesting if you leave the plug out. Gives me a rush you see water flowing up through the drains and it also makes the boat ride lower to the water. Need to get the auto bilge setup with alarm. Lithium batteries work great while fully submerged in water! Bilge drained it out OK and I triple check it now. There's definitely a lot to remember with a bigger boat though. Sometimes I miss the simplicity of a fourteen foot aluminum boat with tiller steer.

Boomer

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2016, 09:26 AM »
I find that it makes the trip more interesting if you leave the plug out. Gives me a rush you see water flowing up through the drains and it also makes the boat ride lower to the water.
Launched my boat in December one year to go duck hunting. ONLY person at the ramp/lake that morning. Dropped the boat off the trailer, pulled boat up onto ramp. parked truck, came back down and the boat was full of icy water ! ! ! I KNEW I had placed the drain plug in. Come to find out, the battery broke the pipe that went through the transom for the live well. (Ever try to find a replacement in late December in central Indiana?)

Mac Attack

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2016, 02:20 PM »

Sometimes I miss the simplicity of a fourteen foot aluminum boat with tiller steer.

Or 16'

:thumbup_smilie:

bldfrt

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2016, 05:52 PM »
Sometimes I miss the simplicity of a fourteen foot aluminum boat with tiller steer.

winterizing means having a buddy come by to help you flip it over in the back yard

taxid

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2016, 10:31 PM »
I find that it makes the trip more interesting if you leave the plug out. Gives me a rush you see water flowing up through the drains and it also makes the boat ride lower to the water. Need to get the auto bilge setup with alarm. Lithium batteries work great while fully submerged in water! Bilge drained it out OK and I triple check it now. There's definitely a lot to remember with a bigger boat though. Sometimes I miss the simplicity of a fourteen foot aluminum boat with tiller steer.

Hey I've still got one of those 14 foot aluminum boats! (14 1/2 foot Starcraft v bottom). I did take out the seats and put in a carpeted floor and pedestal air adjusted seats.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

stinkybaits

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2016, 06:30 AM »
Hey I've still got one of those 14 foot aluminum boats! (14 1/2 foot Starcraft v bottom). I did take out the seats and put in a carpeted floor and pedestal air adjusted seats.

That sounds awesome! Be the just after ice off and right before or slightly skimmed over boat. Grest memories as a kid with one of those.

High Flags

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2016, 08:35 AM »
 I changed from my old dodge to this new ford supercrew with a 6 'box ....man its a whole new game, LOL   this baby is mirrors only,  I sure miss using that back window, but I'm getting better.

Happiness is showing up to fish or launching out and having an empty ramp.........

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2016, 11:04 AM »
Dad used to take all us kids and mom out to resi just to watch people back down. Funny as all get out. Usually mom would pack a picnic, Poor families entertainment. The good old days.
That long steep ramp at missi is a tough one. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.