FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Smelts from Fort Kent to Milinocket  (Read 1335 times)

Litchfield Fisher

• maine brookie
Smelts from Fort Kent to Milinocket
« on: Apr 28, 2016, 05:30 PM »
I'm planning to make a trip south from the frozen north Saturday, looking to pick up smelt between Fort Kent and Milinocket preferably live but frozen will work,  anyone have any suggestions?

TunkTroller

Re: Smelts from Fort Kent to Milinocket
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29, 2016, 12:35 AM »
What's your destination. I have live, frozen, pickled and jellied in Harrington but I know someone who might be headed that way. Also have a dealer we are supplying with live and frozen in the Bangor area.

BeadHead

« Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2016, 11:34 AM »
Hey Tunk ....I'll be passing thru Bangor tomorrow AM on my way to Chesuncook...Any chance I can get the name of the dealer/ph. # in Bangor for smelts...Any info greatly appreciated...
Thanx

TunkTroller

« Reply #3 on: Apr 29, 2016, 01:01 PM »
Sending pm

Litchfield Fisher

• maine brookie
« Reply #4 on: Apr 29, 2016, 08:34 PM »
Im headed for the golden road,  thanks for the info though

TunkTroller

« Reply #5 on: Apr 30, 2016, 12:08 AM »
BeadHead (poster above) is grabbing some in the morning on his way to Chesuncook. Perhaps you can talk with him about grabbing some for you and then picking them up from him at Chesuncook. You gotta go right by it on your way to Millinocket.

cap

« Reply #6 on: Apr 30, 2016, 06:42 AM »
For someone traveling south to north, Old Town Trading Post (under new management) has some nicely hardened smelts and he packs with oxygen.  Easy on and off of I95. They ain't cheap...but they don't die on the way to the pond either.

TunkTroller

« Reply #7 on: Apr 30, 2016, 12:17 PM »
That's right.  Forgot about old town. That's an easy chance. I would guess Dags has them also. Indian Hill has them. There's also a physical bait shop in Bangor that I read has them Boons Bait?  I've got live smelts on hand all summer and right through the fall and although I don't sell bait I'd happily give someone a few to fish with free of charge. I'm just kind of out of the way

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.