FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: finished the toon mods  (Read 3330 times)

stripahstalker

finished the toon mods
« on: Apr 28, 2016, 08:17 PM »
finally finished about 10 hrs into adding all the extras. 9.5 ft
toons. front mount trolling motor batter box for sonar battery. raised boat seat on 13 inch pedestal with swivel seat.extra storage in the back.transducer adjust. birch ply deck 5/8ths. lowrance hook 4 chirp with down scan.all wired under the deck in 1/2 tubing. I'll be adding a foot control called the troll king this week made by canyon lake nifty foot control mod for front mount trolling motor. ill probably add a small clamp on  down rigger come june and possibly anchor system. maybe some strap on storage bags. all said I'm super pleased with it. just needs some more paint on her.    [/URL[URL=http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/jcr1026/media/0428161708_zpsugv4o2gr.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/jcr1026/media/0428161710_zps26bwopyv.jpg.html]

boondox

Re: finished the toon mods
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2016, 10:41 PM »
looks awesome how does she float ?

stripahstalker

« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2016, 11:28 PM »
looks awesome how does she float ?

haven't tested floated it yet prob after the storm I'll give it a go at manito u lake or somewhere near woodland park. I guessing the weights going to fairly evenly distributed with battery behind me and motor in front I only weigh 170 I'll find out soon enough

stripahstalker

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 09:19 PM »
decided i needed a fixed rudder and hand controls for the motor. im going to hit rampart on thurs and test the hand control

stripahstalker

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 09:24 PM »
decided i needed a fixed rudder and hand controls for the motor. im going to hit rampart on thurs and test the hand control

Mac Attack

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 06:16 AM »
haven't tested floated it yet prob after the storm I'll give it a go at manito u lake or somewhere near woodland park. I guessing the weights going to fairly evenly distributed with battery behind me and motor in front I only weigh 170 I'll find out soon enough

have you tested floating it yet?

stripahstalker

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 08:55 PM »
yup she flots nice just needed some sort of rudder for tracking a little better and wanted hand controls so i can steer witout leaning forward
have you tested floating it yet?

Mac Attack

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 06:15 AM »
That's great.
My son Jeff has one of those.
He doesn't use it much.
I bought it for him for x mas 2 years back.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.