FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: I think I'm going to hit Oliver Sunday  (Read 4077 times)

taxid

Re: I think I'm going to hit Oliver Sunday
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2016, 10:43 PM »
thank for the info, much appreciated.  lake sure seemed to die off fast though.  was a fun 30yrs while it lasted.  :(  

I have some fond memories of numerous 4 to 5 lb. rainbows night fishing on Clear. Fall trolling was cool too. I think the biggest bluegills in the state come from Clear Lake.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2016, 11:16 AM »
yes sir. and alot of mine are on Polaroids and 35mm. lol

the good ol days of 10 fish limits and fillets for everyone!  countless 3 night weekends with 3 buddies.  90 nice chunky 20"avg bows.  we ate like kings and drank like sailors. lol

and yes the gills get uuuuge  ;D in there.  i netted a 12+" hog for the step dad one night.  we thought he had a trout on, the way it was peeling his, johnson county miles, drag. lol  that was 45 min after the firworks show on the island.  soon after the fireworks stopped we started hammering them and were limited out in just over an hour!

do you guys know where i could find old stocking records?  there is a family picture of gramps and a huge stringer of trout.  from the looks of the picture it was taken at ball lake ramp.  nobody knows for sure where it was taken though.  makes me wonder if they ever stocked ball with bows.  the earliest lake map book i have is "74".

I do know they DID stock Ball Lake with rainbows. They even stocked Dallas Lake at one time.

You can get fish stocking records from the Fawn River Fish Hatchery or possibly from the Curtis Creek Trout Rearing Station. Contact Neil Ledet at Fawn River for any info you need. [email protected]
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2016, 11:44 AM »
i knew that looked like ball in the background. thanks for the direction, sir.

No problem. Maybe I'll see you on the water some day!  8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.