FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trout opener  (Read 2155 times)

ftwwalleye

Trout opener
« on: Apr 30, 2016, 10:08 PM »
Made it down to fish spy run creek for the trout opener before work since my vacation doesn't start until monday.  Had fun bypassing the crowds on the banks by walking out with my waders to areas where there wasn't shore fishing. Had fun with the 4wt fly rod. Even fresh stockies love Wooley buggers! I was also amazed how quickly people migrated towards me every time I moved due to me catching fish. Mayebe if you didn't have 20 lb line and giant hooks with corn you might get a few.

ftwwalleye

Re: Trout opener
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2016, 10:08 PM »

izzy65

« Reply #2 on: Apr 30, 2016, 10:16 PM »
Nice looking fish, Bet they were fun on the fly rod,
Satchmo

ftwwalleye

« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2016, 10:26 PM »
Always a blast on the fly. Loving this new redington zero 4 wt

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #4 on: Apr 30, 2016, 10:31 PM »
Good job man nothing better then putting on a show.

gill gitter

« Reply #5 on: Apr 30, 2016, 10:40 PM »
Sweet! Glad you showed them how it's done! :clapping:

ftwwalleye

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 04:25 PM »
yum, those will cook up good. congrats on the score and nice job. :clapping:

i have never went there before.  known about it for years, but the location baffles me.  is the creek fenced off from the river or something?  wonder what percentage is actually caught.  i hope most of them or its a waste of trout.  they surely wouldn't live in there too long.  is this a one day deal, or could i go there and see hoards of people still today?  lol  
It eventually dumps in the saint Mary's down by 4th street. Trout hang close to where they were released for a bit. Dnr said about half are caught the first day or 2. I bet with the rain you could go down this evening or tomorrow and still find some. Park. Y the zoo area. Look for holes and bends. People fiah corn and worms. With the muddy high water streamers work awesome. They hit out of domination then. I go every year. It's def put and take fishery

asselin24

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 08:56 AM »
cold you explain a "streamer" please

Boomer

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 10:53 AM »
cold you explain a "streamer" please
A streamer is a fly that is suppose to imitate a small minnow.  If you want to fish I always like using an ultralight with a spinner. Favorite spinner is a Panther Martin followed by a Blue Fox depending on stream speed. Worms and small minnows work also.

BTW: nice stringer of fish. Those would be good on the grill with some fresh morels and some asparagus.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.