FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sacandaga report ?  (Read 43996 times)

piscesman

Re: Sacandaga report ?
« Reply #150 on: Jul 17, 2017, 07:09 PM »
Had the weekend off but worked sat for the boss. No problems there as he is really a good one. Wife and I decided to head up yesterday AM to our camp. Took the 12'er to a spot and started fishing. 1st pass through I get a 16 1/2" wally. Good start to the day. By days end 3 keeper sm bass, released and 12 1/2" perch from 40' of water kept. 3 short strikes also. Can't complain as fishing is good. The wally was energetic in the boat so had to really squeeze to hold it still to get hook. It spit up good size food so it must be feeding on something down there. People we know were trolling and boated 1 undersize fish I think was a wally. Next weekend off so looking forward to it....
      Kim :thumbup_smilie: :flag:
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

SSmokinn SS

« Reply #151 on: Jul 19, 2017, 11:08 AM »
I drove through the F1 that hit western mass in March on my way back from schroon.  I never want to do that again!  

Side note...SS we went out there this spring and found and bailed some impressive smallies all day.  A few of which were 4lbs.  This surpassed the average size I was acustom to there.  

That's good to hear. No 4lb smallies have came in during tournaments yet. Actually, only one 3lb smallie has been coming in and that takes lunker. I fished the lake for the first time this year, for my first tournament ever there and ended up fishing alone because my partner couldn't make it. Ended up 4th out of a 26 boat field. Almost took lunker as well. Real weird pattern that day. I didn't even figure them out until around 11am and didn't catch many fish.
I didn't think 4lb smallies lived in that lake.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #152 on: Jul 19, 2017, 02:26 PM »
Hint....the 4 pounders only hit when deer season is open... :whistling:...h2l

lowaccord66

« Reply #153 on: Jul 19, 2017, 02:38 PM »
Hint....the 4 pounders only hit when deer season is open... :whistling:...h2l

Or when I want walleye! 

LooseEye90

« Reply #154 on: Aug 03, 2017, 09:02 AM »
Was able to get out 8/1 for a few hours north of Day. Still learning this lake, and haven't even hit the main basin.  jiged and drop shorted a few smb off points but no size to them. Surface temp was in low 70s and the sun was cooking. Think it made for rough conditions. Looking to learn the walleyes and panfish here so hopefully I can spend some more time out there.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #155 on: Aug 03, 2017, 05:40 PM »
Eye90, check your Pm...h2l

octanehi5

• WORK WAS MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T FISH
« Reply #156 on: Aug 04, 2017, 07:40 AM »
Hunt2long check your Pm
If it was easy they would have called it catchin,not fishin

LooseEye90

« Reply #157 on: Aug 16, 2017, 08:28 AM »
Fished the main basin morning of 8/15. Trolled stick baits from 6-10am in 24-31fow. Think the cloud cover helped, was able to connect with 3 keepers and 4 short along with a few SMB. Sun peaked through and seemed to shut the bite down.  No noticeable pattern on colors, still learning the lake. Kept 2 of the 3 legal fish, figured 2 were enough for a meal and maybe Id appease the walleye gods if I let one go until next time.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #158 on: Aug 16, 2017, 10:10 AM »
24 to 31 fow seems to be working for me also. It is always good to put some of them back. Thanks...h2l

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #159 on: May 02, 2018, 08:22 AM »
Lets wake this up. Docks are in at Northville. Water temp this morning was 46. They were putting the buoys in yesterday. Water level is at target level for this time of year. Be careful out there, LOTS of stuff floating...See you on the water...h2l

LooseEye90

« Reply #160 on: May 20, 2018, 07:20 PM »
Might give it a go tomorrow, will report back how it goes. Haven’t fished this early on daga as I normally hit George this time of the year.

LooseEye90

« Reply #161 on: May 22, 2018, 10:45 AM »
Got a late start and fished the main basin. Not ideal walleye conditions as it was clear blue skies and sunny. Trolled up one 14” walleye and lost another. Marked the most fish in 25-30fow. Also went up into Northville but didn’t mark a fish. Surface temp was ~58 degrees. Felt good to be out.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2018, 08:04 AM »
Was out yesterday. Surface temp out in the lake was 67/68 degrees. Didn't mark many fish and those were not hitting. The fish I caught were tight to bottom in 34 fow and hitting very light...h2l

LooseEye90

« Reply #163 on: Jun 02, 2018, 08:35 PM »
On the water around 7. Water temp still as h2l mentioned previously. Three keepers out of 30-40fow trolling 1.8mph. Weather this am was perfect for fishing (aka cool, a slight chop and drizzle which keep the pleasure boaters at bay!). All in all a very nice day to be out.

Jcoup

« Reply #164 on: Jun 11, 2018, 08:25 PM »
Fished this past Saturday in main basin, trolled bottom bouncers and only a couple takers.  Marked a lot of fish in the 13-20 depth over 30-40.  Tried running sticks and no takers.  Seems a lot slower this year then the past couple years for me. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.