FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sacandaga report ?  (Read 44009 times)

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
Re: Sacandaga report ?
« Reply #75 on: Sep 18, 2016, 06:50 AM »
Launched at Northville on Friday. It was OK. I believe the dock is at the end of the paved area. Thursday will be my last day. This year went by fast...h2l

rondog

« Reply #76 on: Sep 21, 2016, 02:28 PM »
launched at Day this morning ,the blacktop portion of the launch is now out of the water,It's extremely difficult to get a boat back on the trailer straight because or the uneven bottom.My last time there this year!
The fish did cooperate

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #77 on: Sep 21, 2016, 03:55 PM »
I see that the Northville dock has been pushed out, so it has to be at the end of the paved area now. I will find out in the morning. If you fished out of Day, I know you didn't clean out my spot....h2l

rondog

« Reply #78 on: Sep 22, 2016, 05:31 AM »
I see that the Northville dock has been pushed out, so it has to be at the end of the paved area now. I will find out in the morning. If you fished out of Day, I know you didn't clean out my spot....h2l
I was heading there yesterday but when my truck got to the top of the hill in Edinburg it just took a right,old habits.I haven't cleaned any spots this year it's been all C&R. If your launch is still doable next week I'll be over,keep me posted.
It's almost time for Champlain Crappies anyway !

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #79 on: Sep 22, 2016, 03:20 PM »
Northville launch was good today. Should be good into next week. Caught a few but nothing to write home about. Water temp 73. Broke a wire on my trailer lights. Wife came down and followed me home...h2l

lowaccord66

« Reply #80 on: Sep 22, 2016, 04:43 PM »
Does it ever frustrate you guys that the lake becomes un-usable every fall for boaters?  Also do they ever block the launches?  I've gotten pretty good at "off road" launching...I've been wanting to fish sac late fall for pike but all the launch talk stops me.  I have a 19'6 alumacraft with a pretty forgiving roller trailer...needs about 2' to lauch....

rondog

« Reply #81 on: Sep 22, 2016, 05:46 PM »
Does it ever frustrate you guys that the lake becomes un-usable every fall for boaters?  Also do they ever block the launches?  I've gotten pretty good at "off road" launching...I've been wanting to fish sac late fall for pike but all the launch talk stops me.  I have a 19'6 alumacraft with a pretty forgiving roller trailer...needs about 2' to lauch....
The lake was created for flood control so they have to lower the water every year so it can receive the spring run off,That being said the best fishing of the year is ahead of us, but with the water being low it's tough. launching isn't too bad but getting the boat back on the trailer can be a challenge,the back of the boat never seems to go on evenly, two guys makes it much easier. I've got an 18' alumacraft  ( I've got bunkers )and did have a tough time on Wed, I was alone. If the launch has an even bottom without a lot of rocks you could do it.A big problem is the guys launching and recovering that don't have a lot of experience ,I waited yesterday for nearly an hour watching 2 guys that had a 24' boat,they were launching and backed  their truck in up to their cab then got stuck. Their were some county guys working in the picnic area that had a small dump truck and they pulled them out,If it wasn't for them that guy would of been their until a tow truck came.
I wouldn't hesitate trying just make sure you have help and don't mind getting wet

lowaccord66

« Reply #82 on: Sep 22, 2016, 06:48 PM »
That's all I need to hear Ron and I think the reasoning is good with the flood control although I am surprised they didnt account for that with the ramps...maybe Ill throw my buddys yak in the boat too to ensure I can fish (couple hour drive for me) Thank you. 

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #83 on: Sep 22, 2016, 08:14 PM »
If I might add: This year the lake started out lower than normal due to very little snow last winter and not a lot of rain this spring. Then add a summer with very little rain the lake just never got to its normal level. I have seen the lake come back up in the early fall but we just aren't getting the rain. It is dropping almost 2 inches a day. Today I was still on the paved ramp at Northville. Not sure when the gate will be closed but will try to find out in the next day or two....h2l

rondog

« Reply #84 on: Sep 23, 2016, 05:21 AM »
The lake has dropped 25" since Sept.1

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #85 on: Sep 29, 2016, 07:37 AM »
Made my last trip yesterday. Water temp 63 but did see some spots in the mid 50's, which I thought was strange. Marked a lot of fish but they weren't very active. Wind was out of the East and gusty at times. Got 8 or 9 walleyes, 2 perch and 1 white perch. Biggest WP I have ever seen. My last fish for the season was a rock bass...lol. Time to put the boat away, another season is about to begin....h2l

filetandrelease

« Reply #86 on: Sep 29, 2016, 08:55 AM »

You had a good season enjoyed reading all the reports

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #87 on: Sep 29, 2016, 09:59 AM »
Are there any launches that are still accessible with the super low water?

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #88 on: Sep 29, 2016, 01:39 PM »
Northville was just OK yesterday. Heard that Day was getting iffy. Campsite is open until Columbus day weekend but not much water in the bay. (3/4 feet)...h2l

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #89 on: Apr 08, 2017, 10:24 AM »
Only 4 weeks to go. The lake has come up 7 feet so far this month. River is running pretty good still some ice along the banks and snow in the woods. Ice has gone out below Sport Island. Main part of the lake still has ice but lots of open spots. Won't be long. Remember NO FISHING at all above the Northville bridge until season opens....h2l

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.