FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Storm Wiggle Wart  (Read 2422 times)

mike182

Storm Wiggle Wart
« on: May 11, 2016, 01:20 PM »
Anyone ever trolled that storm wiggle wart for walleye. Has great action. I used them the other day for lake trout. tore them up.

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
Re: Storm Wiggle Wart
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 02:21 PM »
I can't help with the Walleye question (few and far in between in NH) but the Wiggle Wart is an awesome lure... Even better if you can find real vintage storms from before Rapala got hold of them 20 years ago. Most people that have the old ones, know what they got... $20-$30 a pop on ebay in decent shape. They are a go to for cold water bass around my neck of the woods. Good luck with the Eyes, I gotta believe the WW will get 'em.

mike182

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 04:31 PM »
thanks

lippy

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 02:18 PM »
hey Mikey your everywhere. nice to see you made it though the winter. you will have to take me out sometime.

mike182

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 09:24 PM »
hey bud whats ur number.  message me

boondox

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 10:28 PM »
when the water temps go up I troll hot n tots which are very similar to the wiggle wart's right now the water temps are still to cold around here and the fish are not as aggressive so were running crawlers and slow moving body baits like stick baits to get them eyes... when the water warms up I may piggy back a hot n tot with a stick bait... to give it more action or even a wiggle wart if I still got a few???  hot n tots work so why wouldn't a wiggle wart???

mike182

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 08:58 PM »
water temp high 50s to low 60s. havent really used hottots and warts for eyes yet but been doingg good good on lake trout with both of the lures. for eyes i use huskey jerks when water is cold.

boondox

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 10:13 PM »
hot n tot and warts are fast action baits like if you use a down rigger you get shot to the down rigger the bait moves faster and wobbles faster now if you use longer lead y7ou get a slower wobble we have been using hot n tot for eye till when the weed come in on erie with a snap weight if the weeds are already in go to crawler harness on a bottom bouncer and drag it threw the deep holes motor up wind of them and cut engine and drift over it no drift sock you want the wind to give you enough momentum to load the rod and help chug the harness when the line catches up repeat chug till your overdone with the area ...but ya 55 to 60 is good temp to start with hot n tots ...if you can weeds some times hinder it we even use snap weights wile fishing just a tip...

mike182

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2016, 10:19 PM »
thanks boondox for the tips. just been surface trolling lately on a local lake for lake trout with wiggle warts and just amazed how good they are working. one day i open up my box and asked my son what i should use and he said this daddy. wart that was on sale at local store. i bet i caught over 100  lakers with that lure over the month. today i just had tweek the eye  because swimming sideways. i cant wait try them for eyes!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.