FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: First fish out of the new yak  (Read 3926 times)

Mbart

Re: First fish out of the new yak
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2016, 07:18 PM »
Use foam practice golf balls for scupper plugs on my Pescador, only plug the scuppers under the seat.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 09:06 PM »
That's what I try to tell my little lady - it's all necessary!   ;D

Good luck on your striper quest - please just leave a few to migrate north to Maine!  Last year was the first in a while when we had a somewhat decent migration, at least in my experience. 
Oh, don't worry.  I won't hurt them too bad.   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

• I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2016, 10:17 PM »
yer one step ahead of me. i got another new yak, but haven't got it wet yet. dunhams has a nice sale going on this week. i picked up the ocean kayak prowler 13 (13.4') for 650$ from 993$ retail on amazon.
no scupper plugs for it and not wanting a wet seat with the cold water.
will be breaking it out and fly fishing the gills real soon tho.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2016, 09:12 AM »
I brought her out again after dinner last night for one trip around Glen Lake in Castleton, VT. I was on the water until quarter to ten. It was a beautiful night.

I slow trolled a Vibrax minnow spinner on one rod and played around depth-wise with a worm harness on the other. I had a few light hits on both rods, but nothing stuck except one mighty rock bass suspended over 62 ft. of water.  ???  I know I didn't get deep enough this time to get into the trout. Next time I'll break out the dipseys.

I'm getting the kinks worked out of the set-up. The new transducer arm/ mount I made worked perfectly. I find her very comfortable now; I think I could sleep in it.   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.