FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Slough.  (Read 8975 times)

izzy65

The Slough.
« on: May 15, 2016, 10:02 PM »
I hear they have been doing good there. any seconds on that. Going to try Tuesday. Will let you no,
Satchmo

abishop

Re: The Slough.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 04:11 AM »
I thought with all the cold weather they would of shut down. I was told by Nancy a few weeks ago they were doing well. I think I will wait till after next week and watch the winds before I venture there. Suppose to be in upper 70 or 80's all week. Good luck.

abishop

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 03:48 PM »
Just got off the phone with Nancy. She said that THE GUYS THAT FISH NEARLY EVERY DAY ARE CONSISTENTLY PICKING UP GILLS. however THE NOVICES ARE HAVING A HARDER TIME. WARM WEATHER IS COMING.

abishop

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 06:13 PM »
Izzy how did u do Tuesday. If I can get my buddy to go I am heading down that way tomorrow (Thursday).

izzy65

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 08:47 PM »
Went today and got a 2 man limit. too k some time but did good, nice ones though, going to try again on Friday,
Satchmo

fishcrazy

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 06:59 AM »
Can you pros help a young fella out. Can't seem to figure out the gills here. Bass no problem gills seem to elude me here in open water

izzy65

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 07:24 AM »
Wasn't doing anything fancy, Slip bobber and a cricket, Fishing lilly pads and bull rushes,
Satchmo

wallin

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 08:53 AM »
They do any good from shore there? Live 20 mins from there and never fish it in the warm months, used to fish it for years
Looking for some Grandkid action when the other lakes are swamped with boats.
Wallin

abishop

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 03:54 PM »
Tom, I never see anyone get anything from the shore. A lot of people from Illinois fish there from shore (probably don't have a boat). I suppose you should be able to get some cause you can get fish from anywhere in the lake. If you want to take the grandkids out for some heavy action, take them to Lake Bruce. They can catch all the crappie their hearts desire and every now and then land a really nice one. I have been there a few times this year and have got a limit each time out. I was talking to a guy the other day and he shore fishes it there by the dam and has been tearing them up. GOOD LUCK.

abishop

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 03:56 PM »
Hope I don't have to work tomorrow and one of my buddies can get away. I look forward to getting some of those bull gills. (Maybe tomorrow, I hope)...

izzy65

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 10:54 PM »
If you go , fish the docks by head quarters. Used to get a lot of crappies and gill rite there.
Satchmo

wallin

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2016, 08:54 AM »
Thanks guys, they used to boot you off them docks in the old days.
Wallin

abishop

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 01:36 PM »
How was the bite out there today? I couldn't make, wife is sick, dad went to the hospital, and the dog needed medical attention. Hopefully, Monday will be a great day.

abishop

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2016, 05:17 AM »
Heading out in a few, c ya there. Anyone heard or seen any large northern coming from there in the past couple years. I know that the oxygen levels were way down a few years when we had that hot spell and there were 15 pounders floating all over the place. I don't believe they ever replaced any. I am sure a few made it but haven't heard about any being caught.

fishcrazy

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2016, 08:21 AM »
A few decent ones through the ice this year. Nothing like the 36" I caught by the headquarters when I was 12  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.