FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mississinewa spillway  (Read 1637 times)

Fish09

Mississinewa spillway
« on: May 21, 2016, 01:11 PM »
May be heading to mississinewa to try the spillway tomorrow. Does anyone have any reports?? Maybe even Kokomo reservoir as well. Any report shore fishing?

chicagill34

Re: Mississinewa spillway
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 08:00 PM »
I haven't been down there since a month ago..Im sure things have changed..Big R is the person who may know...maybe he will reply to this later...sorry I couldnt get you an updated report.

bigr

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 11:18 AM »
Sorry if haven't made my normal rounds as of late. I've only heard the fishing has picked back up since discharge has decreased toward the end of last week. Morning and evenings have been best. Other reports I've heard are the resi's are producing fish but not as well as expected. All species for the most part should be spawning heavy right now but that doesn't seem to be the case. I expect things to really take off soon. Let me suggest to target the Gil's. The size has greatly inproved and when you find them you find a bunch. The word hasn't really got out about the Gil's in the missinnawa. They are nice with lots of 9's and even a 10 mixed in. I like the rip rap on dam this time of year using wigglers fished over 6 to 10 ft of water. You can get a nice mixed bag of Gil's crappie eyes cats and bass. Access from shore is easy, just watch your steps on the rocks. Move around til you find some fish. This holiday should be good but there will be boat traffic to tend with(waves). This a great time of year to be a fisherman in Indiana. Good luck everyone.   

bherr24

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 01:43 PM »
Good to heard from ya again Big r.  I agree the resi is not producing like it should be right now. 2 weeks ago things were starting to get going and then that nasty cold front came through and it's been tough ever since, at least for the bank fisherman like myself. Going to try again tomorrow and see if it's any better.  Spawn seems really behind to me.  Caught 1 nice gill yesterday on a jig so maybe i will take along an extra pole and target them like you suggest.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.