FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bass Lake today sunday  (Read 3026 times)

wallin

Bass Lake today sunday
« on: May 22, 2016, 09:34 PM »
Fished with son and his girlfriend. Still no real amount of boats but that wind was humping. Pretty sure the fish went on vacation lol.
Marked 1 pod of fish but couldn't buy a bite.
Water was 60 degrees, fished from 10:30 or so till 4pm and the wind was white capping out there. Even with wind socks I was still over 1mph.
Maybe in a few weeks when I get out again the bite will be better.
Wallin

Just_jiggin83

Re: Bass Lake today sunday
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 06:48 AM »
I was out myself sunday and couldn't get a bite either. Did mark some but just weren't taking what I was offering.

wallin

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 09:15 AM »
Glad you got out, mines was a fun day in the boat lol, wind was tough for sure.
Just wanted to be on the water and I was. It should improve with this warm weather were getting now.
Good luck, its always better in the boat than in the chair.
Wallin

Boomer

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 09:22 AM »
Went last night from shore. Most of the lake was like glass. Wife wanted to drown some minnows and I dunked a couple of worms. No bites but still enjoyed the evening.

Those out on Sunday I am impressed. When we came home from Bruce Lake we drove by Bass and it was whitecapping. Saw a kayaker by the baitshop and wondered why he was out there !  I wanted to go and try from some walleyes off shore Sunday but got over ruled.

I may be out Friday night or Saturday morning.

wallin

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 10:50 AM »
Its good just to get out, every ones enjoying this summer weather for a change lol.
This weekend if its not terrible with the weather will be crazy on with the weekend warriors lol.
Wallin

Just_jiggin83

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 10:56 AM »
Glad you got out, mines was a fun day in the boat lol, wind was tough for sure.
Just wanted to be on the water and I was. It should improve with this warm weather were getting now.
Good luck, its always better in the boat than in the chair.

Im guessing you were the boat pullin' boards? Figured you guys might of dug up something! I was just drifting and jigging but with that wind it was fast paced. Didnt even think to throw in the drift sock.

abishop

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 12:18 PM »
Fished with son and his girlfriend. Still no real amount of boats but that wind was humping. Pretty sure the fish went on vacation lol.
Marked 1 pod of fish but couldn't buy a bite.
Water was 60 degrees, fished from 10:30 or so till 4pm and the wind was white capping out there. Even with wind socks I was still over 1mph.
Maybe in a few weeks when I get out again the bite will be better.
  Tom, did you locate any weeds????  What depth were you fishing?

trophytaker1

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 05:24 PM »
Come across a guy that lived at Bass Lake 30 years ago or so and he said that there wasn't hardly any weeds in that lake then.

wallin

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 08:51 PM »
I found a few weeds but the wind was really humping, no I wasn't pulling boards I should of been as fast as we were drifting lol.
I usually fish the ledge in and out of the long deep hole, drifting and jigging is usually my thing.
I fished or was drug across the whole darn lake Al, kept trying to get out of that wind but it followed me to my spots lol.
I was putting on my Erie jigs lol
Alumnacraft Trophy 175  blue and silver. Sits High and catchs all the wind lol
Wallin

taxid

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 10:01 PM »
Its good just to get out, every ones enjoying this summer weather for a change lol.
This weekend if its not terrible with the weather will be crazy on with the weekend warriors lol.

If the bluegills are on the beds they'll be slaughtered.  Whatever happened to the 25 fish limit we were supposed to have? I know a lot of people were for it.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

indianahooker

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2016, 06:20 AM »

If the bluegills are on the beds they'll be slaughtered.  Whatever happened to the 25 fish limit we were supposed to have? I know a lot of people were for it.

guess more people were against it.  no need for the limit, anyhow,  plenty of gills out there to be had.  ill bet billions more too after spawn too. lol (hey maybe the gov. will change the law. ;D)

gills on beds around here too.  the locals at our lake are pulling 50-100 a day.  been going on since i can remember, with no ill effects.  jimmerson lake is on fire too from what i hear.  the word is, mostly 8-9inchers there.  hope to go try there this weekend and get my a huge sack.  go get them while they are up sallow everyone.

wallin

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2016, 07:00 AM »
guess more people were against it.  no need for the limit, anyhow,  plenty of gills out there to be had.  ill bet billions more too after spawn too. lol (hey maybe the gov. will change the law. ;D)

gills on beds around here too.  the locals at our lake are pulling 50-100 a day.  been going on since i can remember, with no ill effects.  jimmerson lake is on fire too from what i hear.  the word is, mostly 8-9inchers there.  hope to go try there this weekend and get my a huge sack.  go get them while they are up sallow everyone.

Gettem while their HOT lol.   Good Luck
Wallin

taxid

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 07:18 PM »

Sure Bass lake is fine but in smaller lakes it can make a difference.

Have fun!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

indianahooker

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2016, 05:45 AM »
about 4 years and they seem to bounce back.  people swarm to a hot lake, till its fished down, then they move on.  the lake then comes back to its former glory. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.