FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake Ontario  (Read 3038 times)

akassasin

Lake Ontario
« on: May 24, 2016, 02:33 PM »
Drug my boat up last weekend hit the lake for 8 hours my first time and nothing didn't think I was gonna do to well but figured I would give it a shot..set planers and stick baits in shallow nothing moved out to 150 flow nothing marked a few fish but no takers had riggers with spoons and cow bells had divers with spoons out nothing...does someone want to go fishing that knows what there doing??? My boat is only a 16 Starcraft bow rider won't handle big surf has a 90hp and 5 hp kicker..I have pretty much all the gear I need for lake O...I just don't have the knowledge...i figure by summers end I might have enough knowledge to make my trips up there from New Hampshire worth it...thanks

finsntins

Re: Lake Ontario
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 06:03 PM »
we will be putting boat in this weekend and will hopefully be fishing every weekend through september.you are more then welcome to come out for a trip or two with us,we are not pro's but have a few years under our belts now.we fish out of the little salmon river in mexico,ny.this spring has been tough for most on browns from what i have been hearing.june is a transition period for the lake,so finding fish can be tough,but usually the lakers are plentifull till the salmon show up,IF THEY SHOW UP!!!!
MISS B.HAVEN' SPORT FISHING

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 07:19 PM »
Don't feel bad, I grew up in little Texas on the Little Salmon river and have fished there for my entire life...I have struggled on the big lake this year...Salmon have been getting caught out of Oswego...Browns were hit or miss this year and the lakers are there...I got skunked Sunday doing all the same things you were doing...it takes a few trips to get the feel...Good luck I will be up North chasing lakers and Walleyes on vacation starting tomorrow...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

akassasin

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 07:57 AM »
we will be putting boat in this weekend and will hopefully be fishing every weekend through september.you are more then welcome to come out for a trip or two with us,we are not pro's but have a few years under our belts now.we fish out of the little salmon river in mexico,ny.this spring has been tough for most on browns from what i have been hearing.june is a transition period for the lake,so finding fish can be tough,but usually the lakers are plentifull till the salmon show up,IF THEY SHOW UP!!!!
wow I didn't expect that I should have been a little more specific.i was able to leave my boat up in sterling fair haven and I was more wanting a local who knows the lake to join me on my boat but I would more then take you up on this offer and help with expenses..now I feel like a bumb begging for a trip lol...I took a 2 day 1100$ charter last fall in hope of learning some things but the captain no names mentioned was a complete not a very nice person and didn't dare ask him a ??..as he is probably reading this.so I gained nothing that I had hoped to from that trip.i am taking a week vacation middle of June gonna stay at ole faithful Stoney's campground so maybee between now and then we can make plans and go from there..once again thank you and look forward to talking with you...

akassasin

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 01:13 PM »
Don't feel bad, I grew up in little Texas on the Little Salmon river and have fished there for my entire life...I have struggled on the big lake this year...Salmon have been getting caught out of Oswego...Browns were hit or miss this year and the lakers are there...I got skunked Sunday doing all the same things you were doing...it takes a few trips to get the feel...Good luck I will be up North chasing lakers and Walleyes on vacation starting tomorrow...
thanks a lot..and good luck up north.

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 09:32 AM »
 You have to give the fish gods an offering. I used to just chuck an attractor or spoon overboard before we set a line. A $ 20 bill will also work. Leave the cooler home, they can be a jinx.  :rotflol:   :bowdown:

finsntins

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 03:07 PM »
finally put the boat in this weekend,fished saturday from 2 till 7,went 3 for 5 on lakers,cowbells on the bottom,fished sunday from 11 till 5 and never moved a rod,couldnt even get the lakers to bite.marked lots of fish around the plant in 110 fow but couldnt get them to go.did hear  of a few small salmon being caught in the area,but nothing to get excited about.

akassasin

« Reply #7 on: Jun 01, 2016, 06:15 AM »
Hey that's awesome least it was a successful outing..crazy how day by day is different.im going up for the weekend to try it again..

elrodalonzo

« Reply #8 on: Jun 03, 2016, 03:04 PM »
finally put the boat in this weekend,fished saturday from 2 till 7,went 3 for 5 on lakers,cowbells on the bottom,fished sunday from 11 till 5 and never moved a rod,couldnt even get the lakers to bite.marked lots of fish around the plant in 110 fow but couldnt get them to go.did hear  of a few small salmon being caught in the area,but nothing to get excited about.
  Sounds like you were leaving when you should have been getting there.  I know the traveling gets in the way of fishing a lot of the time but I've found the most productive time for lakers on all the waters I've fished is from about 6pm till dark.  Just a suggestion for what its worth.  Good luck on the future trips.

finsntins

« Reply #9 on: Jun 06, 2016, 07:23 PM »
headed back to 110 fow fish were still there,but once again couldnt get them to go,so we slid out and found some small salmon,saturday decided to head out deeper and further west,nothing but small salmon,after checking riggers and copper,finding small salmon dragging,although all where released alive and swam away,we decided to call it quits,hate hooking these small salmon risking injury,these will hopefully be 30 lbers in a couple years.hopefully the big blow this week will stir things up for this coming weekend.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.