FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Black Trolling Splash Guards  (Read 1682 times)

taxid

Black Trolling Splash Guards
« on: May 24, 2016, 09:41 PM »
I see there are two or three places that custom make them for your make and model of boat. Without contacting them, anybody have an idea of the price ranges? I've got a 14 1/2 foot startcraft v bottom boat. Will be putting on a  6 to 9.8 hp outboard in the near future.

Has anyone here made their own? I'm pretty good at DIY projects and have a decent heat gun that may soften up plexiglass enough to bend it.  

All I know is I'm getting back into regular use of the local public lakes, and back when I back trolled I found it very productive on the outside deeper edges of weedines in the summer. Never knew what I was going to get from walleye to brown trout to yellow perch or huge bluegills. I was limited to fairly calm water then, without them, but plan on the installing splash guards to be more flexible in wind and a lot of speedboat activity.  
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

boondox

Re: Black Trolling Splash Guards
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 08:30 PM »
try polycarbonate it is way tougher and bends with a heat gun same as plexi glass plexi glass is know to shatter un like polycarbonate a.k.a. bullet proof window glass ... I used to bend a lot of it in the school I went to that had a custom cars and concepts program at it.... any how try www.freckleface.com they sell plexi and polycarbonate  for very cheap and shipping is just as cheap if any thing two pieces like 1 foot buy like 2 or 3 foot lonq maybe 1/4 thick got to measure the area you think would work then figure in the left and right of the motor I would make them your self personally....

taxid

Re: Black Trolling Splash Guards
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 10:38 PM »
try polycarbonate it is way tougher and bends with a heat gun same as plexi glass plexi glass is know to shatter un like polycarbonate a.k.a. bullet proof window glass ... I used to bend a lot of it in the school I went to that had a custom cars and concepts program at it.... any how try www.freckleface.com they sell plexi and polycarbonate  for very cheap and shipping is just as cheap if any thing two pieces like 1 foot buy like 2 or 3 foot lonq maybe 1/4 thick got to measure the area you think would work then figure in the left and right of the motor I would make them your self personally....

Boondox,

As always thanks for the great information!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.