FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Racquette River  (Read 1286 times)

greenhornet73

Racquette River
« on: May 25, 2016, 08:19 AM »
Hi any of you Northern NY fishermen, I'm heading up to Norwood to stay for a few days on what seems to be a reservoir within the Raquette River but can't find any info on it.  It is on the East side of the point.  I do not believe it is Norwood Lake since that looks closer to Potsdam. Just trying to get an idea of depth and structure around the area and if I will be focusing on walleyes or northerns.  I will be fishing out of my kayak.  Thanks for any info.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
Re: Racquette River
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 08:37 AM »
Check out DEC map of the river. Should be of help...h2l

greenhornet73

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 08:43 AM »
Yep found it.  Looks like Norwood Reservoir and it's pretty shallow where I will be.  I think I may try to hook around the bend into the deeper pocket for walleyes if it isn't too far of a paddle.

pmac3

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 06:38 PM »
I went to school up that way a couple of years ago and fished Norwood Reservoir several times. I fished it from shore and had good luck with bass, small and largemouth and an occasional walleye just jigging from shore. There's a road that runs along the west shore I think with a big open area and rip rap bank. Also caught a few near the boat launch. Great little area in the fall.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.