FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Man, Meat, Fire.......Beer!  (Read 38523 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Man, Meat, Fire.......
« Reply #90 on: Jun 24, 2016, 02:04 AM »
Don't know about Syracuse, but.......If you ever get to Rochester,  go to Rubino's Italian Deli on East Ridge Road in Irondequoit.  They make really good sausage.

I grew up in an Italian neighborhood. You know a good deli as soon as you open the door. The aromas are mouth watering. Rubino's has been around all my life. A fabulous old school deli.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

UglyStik

« Reply #91 on: Jun 24, 2016, 08:27 AM »
I've been looking for store made sausage in the Syracuse area.  Any one have suggestions?  I don't care for Gianelli or Wegmans sausage, and all the old Italian delis are long gone.

There is Liehs and Stiegerwald on Grant Blvd. Never got anything there myself, but have heard of it. They also opened a shop downtown. Maybe someone can further hijack this thread chime in.

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #92 on: Jun 24, 2016, 10:58 AM »
Don't know about Syracuse, but.......If you ever get to Rochester,  go to Rubino's Italian Deli on East Ridge Road in Irondequoit.  They make really good sausage.

I grew up in an Italian neighborhood. You know a good deli as soon as you open the door. The aromas are mouth watering. Rubino's has been around all my life. A fabulous old school deli.

Rg

You're right about that Rg. A friend of mine grew up on L.I. and I've been on a number of fishing trips to Montauk with him over the years. He knew the whereabouts of some awesome Delis on the Island. The Sopresseta those folks make is incomparable and there are some Bagel shops down there that are stellar!

WK
Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #93 on: Jun 24, 2016, 02:06 PM »
best dogs in the world  hoffmans  the best baked beans  grandma browns  the  best Italian sausage  Garafolos in Oswego ...best  fish sandwich or texas  hot is  Rudi's best  baseball team  ever  is the Yankees  now  that  this is all settled did I mention I have  a  package  of back straps   going on  with zucchini  and  peppers on the  side ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #94 on: Jun 24, 2016, 02:39 PM »
There is Liehs and Stiegerwald on Grant Blvd. Never got anything there myself, but have heard of it. They also opened a shop downtown. Maybe someone can further hijack this thread chime in.

You're spot on subject if you ask me. This about...Man....Meat.....Fire. It's all good ;D

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

UglyStik

« Reply #95 on: Jun 24, 2016, 07:11 PM »
I was just joking a bit, and I had to try out the crossout font. Plus I am trying to get my post count up.  :P

For hotdogs Heids, and Hoffman's are good.
Aschoti's has a meat market in Solvay. Execellent meatball mix, haven't tried their sausages. Used to be a Como's meat market on Onondaga Hill, not sure if they exist still.

O

« Reply #96 on: Jun 24, 2016, 08:35 PM »
I was just joking a bit, and I had to try out the crossout font. Plus I am trying to get my post count up.  :P

For hotdogs Heids, and Hoffman's are good.
Aschoti's has a meat market in Solvay. Execellent meatball mix, haven't tried their sausages. Used to be a Como's meat market on Onondaga Hill, not sure if they exist still.

I've tried Asciotis meatball mix, not my favorite.  I use Momma's old recipe.  Cannot be beat.  ;D  I have not tried their sausage but will do, they are only 20 minutes away. 

Cummos is even closer, and they did have good selection of cut meats, didn't look at their sausage but will give that a shot too. 

You are spot on about Hoffman's, had some tonight and will cook up the rest of the package in a couple of days. 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #97 on: Jun 25, 2016, 03:15 AM »
Funny how hot dogs are territorial. In Buffalo it's Zahlens, in Syracuse it's Hoffmans, in Rochester it's Zwiegles.

When my Daughter and Son-in-law were living in Las Vegas, they used to have me ship Zwiegles reds and whites to them because they couldn't get a decent hot dog out there.

Rg

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #98 on: Jun 25, 2016, 05:15 PM »
best dogs in the world  hoffmans  the best baked beans  grandma browns  the  best Italian sausage  Garafolos in Oswego ...best  fish sandwich or texas  hot is  Rudi's best  baseball team  ever  is the Yankees  now  that  this is all settled did I mention I have  a  package  of back straps   going on  with zucchini  and  peppers on the  side ;D

Any of you have Hot Dogs made with your venison or make your own? I usually have 20-30 lbs. made each year and I'm down to one pack left already!

I have the inner loins from my Buck thawed and ready to put on the grill along with a couple of baking potatos when the Mrs. gets home this eve. I'll give the loins a light coat of EVOO and dust them with McCormick's Roasted Garlic and Herb seasoning prior to putting them on (when the potatos are 3/4 done). The taters get a coat of oil and a dusting with Kosher salt.

WK

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #99 on: Jun 25, 2016, 05:59 PM »
I used to have a bunch made at a shop in Bath Ny. It's been a while. Haven't hunted in many years. They were darned good though.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #100 on: Jun 25, 2016, 06:02 PM »
Any of you have Hot Dogs made with your venison or make your own? I usually have 20-30 lbs. made each year and I'm down to one pack left already!

I have the inner loins from my Buck thawed and ready to put on the grill along with a couple of baking potatos when the Mrs. gets home this eve. I'll give the loins a light coat of EVOO and dust them with McCormick's Roasted Garlic and Herb seasoning prior to putting them on (when the potatos are 3/4 done). The taters get a coat of oil and a dusting with Kosher salt.

WK

Try marinating potato quarters in olive oil, cider vinegar, sea salt, pepper and your favorite fresh herbs. Let them get happy in the fridge for a few hours before putting them on the grill.

Yummy!

Rg

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #101 on: Jun 26, 2016, 10:24 AM »
Try marinating potato quarters in olive oil, cider vinegar, sea salt, pepper and your favorite fresh herbs. Let them get happy in the fridge for a few hours before putting them on the grill.

Yummy!

Rg

Now that does sound good Rg. How much vinegar to olive oil do you suggest?

WK

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #102 on: Jun 26, 2016, 12:29 PM »
Enough to coat them with some in the bottom of the bowl. Give them a stir occasionally while they're soaking.

Works with cauliflower too. I talked myself into some with my steak later this evening.

Olive oil, sea salt, coarse pepper and cider vinegar. Thai basil flowers and leaves,  purple basil, spicy basil and parsley
( fresh from my herb gardens)

All tossed up and getting happy.

Yum!
Rg

lowaccord66

« Reply #103 on: Jul 03, 2016, 10:08 AM »
Bacon wrapped turkey tenderloin and browns. Smoked with applewood chunks.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #104 on: Jul 03, 2016, 04:36 PM »
Looks yummy.

I did a dinner ham on the rotisserie wi salad and grilled taters. I'd post a pic, but.....its gone ;D

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.