FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: moment of silence  (Read 958 times)

jacksmelt

moment of silence
« on: May 30, 2016, 11:16 AM »
please take a moment today to remember all that have fallen in defense of our country and way of life. not just military but police ,firefighters and all civil servants as well! without these brave souls we wouldn't have this great country! we can honor them by doing a good deed everyday. it makes a better, kinder world for everyone! GOD bless america! fish on!
PARADISE IS A 5LB. SALMON ON A 5WT. FLYROD!!

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
Re: moment of silence
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 04:59 PM »
Thank you for your spot on message, Steve.

I had a WWII Veteran friend of the family who I called every Memorial Day.  He passed on last Fall, but I made it a point to call his wife this year to express my appreciation.

Slammin_Brookies!!

• "Speed and Accuracy" Airborne All The Way 82nd
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 07:37 AM »
The sad thing is.....alot of people get it confused. I have Veteran Plates on both me and my wifes vehicles. Someone left a note on my Wifes car yesterday that said. " Thank you for your service....enjoy your day of honor."     A good gesture yes.......but my 2 tours is peanuts compared to those we honor on Memorial.
If you're too busy to fish...........You're too Fa..king busy!

jacksmelt

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 06:00 PM »
The sad thing is.....alot of people get it confused. I have Veteran Plates on both me and my wifes vehicles. Someone left a note on my Wifes car yesterday that said. " Thank you for your service....enjoy your day of honor."     A good gesture yes.......but my 2 tours is peanuts compared to those we honor on Memorial.
yeah. I've had to correct a few people the other day.
Thank you for your spot on message, Steve.

I had a WWII Veteran friend of the family who I called every Memorial Day.  He passed on last Fall, but I made it a point to call his wife this year to express my appreciation.
awesome jim! the young ones don't realize what it cost for the freedom they enjoy now. i remind my step kids often!
PARADISE IS A 5LB. SALMON ON A 5WT. FLYROD!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.