FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Big Lake Perching tomorrow  (Read 19257 times)

libo

Re: Big Lake Perching tomorrow
« Reply #60 on: Jul 12, 2016, 03:38 PM »
at chiefs bait shop, on rt 12 half mile west of prime outlets mall (lighthouse mall). good luck its been tough fishing lately

Edge

« Reply #61 on: Jul 12, 2016, 05:27 PM »
Great, thanks.  I haven't been on the lake in 6 or 7 years and it's been even longer since I have perch fished on LM.  Needless to say my expectations are pretty low, just looking to get out on the big lake. 

abishop

« Reply #62 on: Jul 12, 2016, 06:03 PM »
Good luck. Try fishing the troughs close to shore where it drops off to around 20 feet. Heard they have been pulling a few from this area. There areas could be only 30-100 feet off shore. Good looking lab by the way. mine is 120 pounds and he still thinks he is a lap dog. Got to love them.

Edge

« Reply #63 on: Jul 12, 2016, 07:27 PM »
Thanks for the tip.

That picture was from 2005, he is now 11.  His body is failing, but his heart is still there.  First two years were a little rough, but he has been a great dog.

Edge

« Reply #64 on: Jul 17, 2016, 08:00 PM »
Caught a few.  Windy, even with the south winds there was a strong chop. We were struggling to hold, had to use anchor combined with the trolling motor.  I will be bringing different anchor next time.  We only fished 2 hours, thunderstorm pushed us off.  We probably could have had a 2 man limit or real close.  Nothing too big, 1 that hit 12, majority were 9 or 10.  Kept a couple dinks that swallowed the hook.  Had fun, hadn't been on the big lake in a few years.   

abishop

« Reply #65 on: Jul 17, 2016, 08:26 PM »
Nothing beats a fresh fried perch dinner. Where did you end up fishing? How deep and where did u launch from?

wallin

« Reply #66 on: Jul 18, 2016, 07:46 AM »
Heard a few good reports from sat myself. Tuff fishing but they got 8 before being pushed off the lake but at least they got out.

Al all I can say is go west young man go west.

This weekend may be great.

Wallin

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
« Reply #67 on: Jul 18, 2016, 10:03 AM »
Nice mess edge congrats.

abishop

« Reply #68 on: Jul 18, 2016, 02:54 PM »
Would like to hit Cal Park area. This is about as far west as you can go. Have you heard about anything from this area.

Edge

« Reply #69 on: Jul 18, 2016, 02:56 PM »
I was fishing just east of the lighthouse in Michigan City.  25-35ft.

MC_angler

« Reply #70 on: Jul 18, 2016, 04:12 PM »
sounded like both east and west of MC was producing this weekend. Heard of a handful of limits both days, and if the storms didn't chase folks off on Sunday, there would have been a lot more limits taken I think

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #71 on: Jul 18, 2016, 07:33 PM »
Looks like some great weather for those doing the perch derby this coming weekend good luck to all who venture out I may try Friday it will be hot and hopefully the perch will be Hungery I wish I could repeat my trip from a couple years ago the perch were on fire from my baldy and to the west limits were being taken every where I had several that almost were 15 inches! They are an elusive but so addicting fish to cstch

wallin

« Reply #72 on: Jul 19, 2016, 08:10 PM »
Friends got 63 today out of New Buffalo and Cheifs in M. C. said their on fire.
South ends shaping up great for weekend guys.
Wallin

abishop

« Reply #73 on: Jul 20, 2016, 03:51 AM »
Friends got 63 today out of New Buffalo and Cheifs in M. C. said their on fire.
South ends shaping up great for weekend guys.
Hoping to be off Thursday so I can get after some.

Just_jiggin83

« Reply #74 on: Jul 20, 2016, 06:28 AM »
I got a question for you perch guys. I know on smaller inland lakes perch fishing after dark is never good, but what about on the big lake? Can you get perch after dark?

I went out monday afternoon and started down past beverly shores in about 40' and drifted in up to 15'. Caught 9 down that way all 8"-9". Then moved back to mt baldy and landed 3 more with the biggest going 11 1/2". I moved back down to beverly shores again to see if i could get some better numbers but a fellow fisherman had ignition problems so I towed him back to trail creek marina. It was a long slow pull but the 40hp Merc did just fine. All fish were caught in the 30'-35' range for me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.