FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Big Lake Perching tomorrow  (Read 19260 times)

PEARCHEYES

Re: Big Lake Perching tomorrow
« Reply #75 on: Jul 20, 2016, 06:20 PM »
Anyone go today just curious to see if it was any good ,I'm going in the morning regardless hope to get a limit

slipbobber

« Reply #76 on: Jul 20, 2016, 08:19 PM »
I got a question for you perch guys. I know on smaller inland lakes perch fishing after dark is never good, but what about on the big lake? Can you get perch after dark?

I went out monday afternoon and started down past beverly shores in about 40' and drifted in up to 15'. Caught 9 down that way all 8"-9". Then moved back to mt baldy and landed 3 more with the biggest going 11 1/2". I moved back down to beverly shores again to see if i could get some better numbers but a fellow fisherman had ignition problems so I towed him back to trail creek marina. It was a long slow pull but the 40hp Merc did just fine. All fish were caught in the 30'-35' range for me.
No they don't seem to want to bite after dark. Was catching them good  till the sunset and they stopped like someone turned a light switch off

abishop

« Reply #77 on: Jul 21, 2016, 03:33 AM »
Good luck out there today. Make sure you bring plenty of water. They say could hit 115 with heat index. I have to work. One of these days.....

wallin

« Reply #78 on: Jul 21, 2016, 07:16 AM »
Friends got 63 again yesterday, its a good bite hope it last till the Perch Derby sat.
Wallin

taxid

« Reply #79 on: Jul 21, 2016, 07:40 AM »
The only time I've ever caught perch at night was if I illuminated the water really well with a lantern. And that was in less than 10 feet of water.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #80 on: Jul 21, 2016, 01:03 PM »
Didn't do good at all ,caught a bunch of 7 inchers and marked quite a bit still great to be out .just wondering what most people use for bait .i use small shiners and maybe that's the problem ,I've used flatheads before with not much luck ,are shiners better

MC_angler

« Reply #81 on: Jul 21, 2016, 01:50 PM »
I was out last night in Michigan and marked a ton of fish, but not that many biters. Kept 20 between 2 guys in 2.5 hours. Had to leave before the evening bite though. Gotta hit the window right, especially during hot days with full moon

I think shiners are better than fatheads.

With cold water in close, that is a great thing for perch fishing - they dont want to be in 48 degree water, so it crams them all into 40 feet and shallower, where it is easy to find them

fishcrazy

« Reply #82 on: Jul 21, 2016, 04:13 PM »
Go with the baby golden roach. Always better than a fathead. Never let me down

Just_jiggin83

« Reply #83 on: Jul 21, 2016, 10:47 PM »
I agree with the baby shiners. Dont get to perch fish big lake much but always take rosies, baby shiners, and fatheads. Shiners alaays did the best!

wallin

« Reply #84 on: Jul 22, 2016, 09:23 AM »
I always try to take each kind, some days they like them big, some days they like them small, always LOVE the Roses when you can find them.
Sat looking good.
Wallin

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #85 on: Jul 23, 2016, 12:51 PM »
Just need some fresh reports from the perch derby to see if I should venture up that way the weather was ideal

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #86 on: Jul 23, 2016, 07:03 PM »
So no one went to perch derby today hope to hear from some one

MC_angler

« Reply #87 on: Jul 24, 2016, 08:50 AM »
perching has been on fire, go fishing!

wallin

« Reply #88 on: Jul 24, 2016, 12:31 PM »
Had a HOT but great day on the Big Lake for some Perch.
Started off as a HOT day and continued getting HOTTER.
Great time with good friends and Family.
We ended up with 29 keeper Perch, probably 100's of dinks returned and no Gobies for our boat which some of the boats reported
a lot caught. Started off slow then it turned on for about 3 hrs or so and everyone around us was pulling fish, which is a good day of fun and catching. If you've never had a perch outing like this your missing a lot of fun but its hard to get a good perch trip like these
but it really turned out pretty good.My boys and Grandson had a blast and thats the most important part to me of any trip. Fished with
youngest son Andrew(his first Perching trip) but hes fished the lake for Salmon and Trout before and son Tom Jr. and Grandson Thomas III. When it got so hot we couldn't take it we would go for a swim. Jr got our biggest being 12 1/4 I believe but anyway a great day on the water with great memories and bringing the Grandson into this Great sport as a lifer lol.
Water was a beautiful blue and clear all day.

Wallin

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
« Reply #89 on: Jul 24, 2016, 12:41 PM »
Nice mess.....Looks like a blast, and great family memeories.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.