FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Kayak  (Read 3629 times)

taxid

Re: Kayak
« Reply #15 on: Jun 27, 2016, 03:44 PM »
I just bought a new one back in March. I got the Ascend FS10 for $550 and love it. It's got 2 rod holders and a spot for a 3rd one where you can put in the removable kind u pop in and out of a boat. It has the molded in paddle holder boomer was talkin bout, which makes fishing way easier then the previous kayak I had. Also has a dry storage area for phones, keys, license, etc. And a tie off thing on each side for tying up to a dock, dropping an anchor, or a fish basket/stringer. No numbers or registration required. I never wear a life jacket but I occasionally bring one when I hit lake michigan. Kayaks are way more stable then they look. I kayak fish Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri 2 or 3 times a year (biggest man made lake in North America) and lake michigan 10 or so times a year

Awesome information! Another toy to buy after I pick up an outboard for the main boat tomorrow.  ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

staubsaugen

« Reply #16 on: Jul 05, 2016, 02:39 PM »
I should get into that. I have an isolated small lake near me that has an access site but it's not wide enough for a typical boat and trailer. It looks like no one ever fishes it.

What are we talking investment wise?

No boat registration or numbers required right?

curious what lake you are referring too?  pm if you don't want to broadcast it.  been working toward kayak fishing myself and love smaller less busy lakes.

taxid

« Reply #17 on: Jul 06, 2016, 07:00 AM »
curious what lake you are referring too?  pm if you don't want to broadcast it.  been working toward kayak fishing myself and love smaller less busy lakes.

P.M. sent.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.