MFF US Midwest > Michigan
Perch Derby July 23rd
(1/1)
Hoosier:

MWA Annual Perch Derby is July 23rd, with the 24th as a blow day. We will be launching out of New Buffalo,MI..
We will fish from 8am-2pm, check in is 7:00am -7:30am eastern time in the parking lot at launch. We will also measure fish at the High School afterwards and have sausage n crackers. This is a bragging rights Derby with $10 per boat for the big fish pot. You may fish with as many people in your boat as the law allows. The ramp fee is $12, a 1 day license is $10. This is for everyone and anyone who likes to Perch and have good fun. Its a great ramp and area.
For questions call Rick Nichols at (574) 993-1913.
Hope to see you there
Rick
wallin:
Thanks JT for posting
wallin:
Had a HOT but great day on the Big Lake for some Perch.
Started off as a HOT day and continued getting HOTTER.
Great time with good friends and Family.
We ended up with 29 keeper Perch, probably 100's of dinks returned and no Gobies for our boat which some of the boats reported
a lot caught. Started off slow then it turned on for about 3 hrs or so and everyone around us was pulling fish, which is a good day of fun and catching. If you've never had a perch outing like this your missing a lot of fun but its hard to get a good perch trip like these
but it really turned out pretty good.My boys and Grandson had a blast and thats the most important part to me of any trip. Fished with
youngest son Andrew(his first Perching trip) but hes fished the lake for Salmon and Trout before and son Tom Jr. and Grandson Thomas III. When it got so hot we couldn't take it we would go for a swim. Jr got our biggest being 12 1/4 I believe but anyway a great day on the water with great memories and bringing the Grandson into this Great sport as a lifer lol.
Water was a beautiful blue and clear all day.

netminder34:
Nice pics and report, havent been perch fishing in a few years myself.  Looks like a great time with the boys.
Navigation
Message Index

Go to full version