FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Shell cracking at the swamp.  (Read 916 times)

crappiecrusher34

Shell cracking at the swamp.
« on: Jun 19, 2016, 12:41 PM »
Mike and I rose early this morning with one thing on our mind. Big shellchackers at the slough. This was are first open water excursion on the slough this year. Mike picked me up at 330. And we headed out with big cups of coffee. Got there in dark and headed to a area that we usually fish. At day break we land four big bull gills. One pushing ten. Then a handfull of small ones. Then  sun up and nothing. We pushed around finding only a few more nice ones. At eight we decide to get in the thickest nastiest spot we could find in the area. We pushed in to the deepest part baited up some juicy red worms. And drop below cover to bottom. First drop a 1.2 big male red ear 11 quarter inch long. Fought like a beast. Drag pulling machines. We  proceeded the catch six more red ears all over a pound. And two more bull gills.  We left at 11 eastern time with fathers day calling.Handed our spot to panfishpopper and his buddy. Seen a rod bending as we were leaving. Stop at new bait shop up front to get ice for fish, really nice guy said he would be open all winter. Has hunting and fishing supply's.   Slough holds special memories to us and such a beautiful place to fish. I know it can be hard there at times but what comes out of that swamp are sure special fish. Mike will have pics of these hogs on the facebook. Crappiecrushers

indianahooker

Re: Shell cracking at the swamp.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 20, 2016, 06:23 AM »
never been there but sounds good.  wont go to that liberal freak web site, to view the pics.

izzy65

Re: Shell cracking at the swamp.
« Reply #2 on: Jun 20, 2016, 10:18 AM »
I was at the slough yesterday also, only got 5,
Satchmo

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.