FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: South Manistique U.P.  (Read 1384 times)

icecleate

South Manistique U.P.
« on: Jun 19, 2016, 02:27 PM »
My buddy and I spent a week fishing South Manistique Lake in the U.P. We had the best trip in 16 years of going there. We ended up with 26 keeper eyes, 31 shorts, a couple dozen bass, and at least 200+ pike. The pike were all small (less than 23") but are fun to catch. Eyes we kept we 15" to 21". We released a 24". Cannot wait to head back up there this fall.

Boomer

Re: South Manistique U.P.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19, 2016, 02:39 PM »
Nice report. Love Big Manistique bit the south lake is nice too.

Did you get some chicken from the local store?

icecleate

« Reply #2 on: Jun 19, 2016, 04:15 PM »
Nice report. Love Big Manistique bit the south lake is nice too.

Did you get some chicken from the local store?
No chicken. We only went to town once for more leeches!

indianahooker

« Reply #3 on: Jun 20, 2016, 06:19 AM »
sounds like fun

fishcrazy

« Reply #4 on: Jun 21, 2016, 03:20 PM »
Nice job walleye slayer. It was good to see the lake levels have been steadily rising again in the Northwoods.  Best spring fishing I have experienced in years.  Just non stop catching

boondox

« Reply #5 on: Jun 21, 2016, 10:49 PM »
I think the great fishing has to do with the license increases but I may be wrong ? less people coming from out of state Kentucky, Arkansas, Florida, etc...    ohio and Indiana some by our licenses "any how" cause they just live that close now that the licenses are $79 for out of state feel bad for those from ohio and Indiana  and $26 for locals... I am also thinking the fishing is better cause they don't have that guy that would have kept a salmon on a $15 dollar license that says he is fishing for bass and walleye... till he gets the salmon or steel then takes off that minute... see the point but the dnr are keeping up so why complain now..... 

fishcrazy

« Reply #6 on: Jun 22, 2016, 08:51 AM »
I just realized I need to buy my 17 year old a 67$ licence this year..still can't wait for July.  Took him to the Northwoods for the fist time when he was 7. Right after his mom and I got together.  A week in the woods was just what that boy needed he never stopped fishing day and night. Got pretty d**n good at it also but go figure he's a smart one.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.