FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Vacation  (Read 6390 times)

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
Re: Vacation
« Reply #15 on: Jun 25, 2016, 08:22 AM »
I met a girl down there once...7 years later I am still with her!   :D. Jeff, nothing better than when it turns on without warning! 

So you know what I mean LOL. Thats awesome Jon. Your right when you go from casting over and over with no hits to Slam!!! and the water is all turned up from moving fish. Or better yet watching the fish coming in you direction traveling down the ditch knowing its about to heat up. That's canal fishing.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
« Reply #16 on: Jun 25, 2016, 10:35 AM »
Good luck Jeff  enjoy your vacay  :thumbup_smilie:
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

Knot there yet

« Reply #17 on: Jun 27, 2016, 08:19 AM »
I thought about moving my cape week to this week but next week I'll be there. Snag and drop going on this week on north shore. I got 3 ,30lbs fish Saturday and one 27lbs on Sunday. Gonna be tough heading down there when fishing is red hot up here. I'm always torn when it comes to leaving fish to find fish. One bait bit in half means the blues are here too.
 I'll be checking see what you get.Hopeing for good weather and good fishing for you.

westernmas

« Reply #18 on: Jul 05, 2016, 03:48 PM »
Was the vaca that good that you don't want to let any secrets out or that bad that you don't even want to relive it?  I was looking forward to a nice long report.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #19 on: Jul 06, 2016, 06:03 PM »
One thing is for sure, if he crushed it, we'd probably know by now.  I didn't make it down this year.  First time in 7 years I skipped that weekend at the ditch. 

Jschumacher

« Reply #20 on: Jul 07, 2016, 09:22 AM »
One thing is for sure, if he crushed it, we'd probably know by now.  I didn't make it down this year.  First time in 7 years I skipped that weekend at the ditch. 
It was a good weekend to skip. I fished countless hours biking up and down the canal over the coarse of 9 days. Lost a blue and the body to my savage eel the 1st day and then not a hit the rest of the time. Fished hours like 2:00am until 10:00am. Back out at say 5:30pm until 8:30pm. East end, West end, Mid cape. all the usual hotspots for this time of year and the unsuppecting spots I hit. Talked to many of the locals at least those that were out there and most had not seen a fish in a couple weeks. You know fishing is slow ( well dead ) when you see very few canal crusiers along the ditch that week. Heard 1 of the locals ran a tournament. Had 60 entrees and only 1 fish was caught. Never saw any bait in the canal and only saw a couple fish break. Tried jigging mostly as I usually do but did through some plugs and a couple metals. Should have gone back and got the boat as I did talk to a few guys and the Fluke bite was on at Clevelends Ledge. There's my report. No fish caught no pictures to share. I'll make a trip back down when I hear the bite is back on. Off to Loudon for the races now ;D ;D
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

lowaccord66

« Reply #21 on: Jul 07, 2016, 11:47 AM »
Nice write up Jeff.  The canal can be some of the most fickle striper fishing there is, specifically this time of year.  Very surprised to hear there was no jig bite.  Usually there will be some resident bass that are gorging on lobsters and crabs that fall to the jig...sometimes they are very large!

westernmas

« Reply #22 on: Jul 07, 2016, 12:09 PM »
Thanks for the report.  I'm hoping to get back out there soon.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Knot there yet

« Reply #23 on: Jul 08, 2016, 06:27 AM »
I put in50-60 hrs in myself. Herring River area only one schoolie all week. Did catch the biggest sea robin I've ever seen on a 3/4 oz. rattle trap. Usually get some blues this time of year. I gave up and went golfing and fr sh water fishing.  

lowaccord66

« Reply #24 on: Jul 08, 2016, 07:53 PM »
Im headed down tomorrow night...

TT

« Reply #25 on: Jul 09, 2016, 12:46 PM »
Good luck!

lowaccord66

« Reply #26 on: Jul 09, 2016, 12:48 PM »
Good luck!

Thanks bud, I think Ill do ok  ;)

capedeer/fish

« Reply #27 on: Jul 09, 2016, 05:03 PM »
Jeff....sorry not to get back to you...my phone was down. This week has been GREAT!
IndianHill Icetrap Pro Staff                                               SavageGear Product Tester         Dexter-Russell outdoors Pro Staff   ODM Rods Pro Staff

lowaccord66

« Reply #28 on: Jul 09, 2016, 11:46 PM »
Thunder is slowing me down...fish are around but I am forced to sit and wait a decent storm out...

Jschumacher

« Reply #29 on: Jul 10, 2016, 07:47 PM »
Jeff....sorry not to get back to you...my phone was down. This week has been GREAT!
No problem Colby. I'll be down again several times. Got races at Loudon next weekend then nothing planned until the end of August with Bill and Kevin when we go to Ontario. Still some big ones out there for me ;D ;D ;D. I'll be in touch

Member of The GODS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.