FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Crappie ???  (Read 1418 times)

Snopro

Crappie ???
« on: Jun 25, 2016, 03:44 PM »
I think this has been talked about before but I will ask again! Hermon pond and Hammond pond are full of 9-10 inch crappie. You can fill a boat with them and you may end up with a couple 12-14 inch ones. Are these ponds over populated with them and that stunts the growth?? We have had shacks out in winter time and summer fished it for 5-6 years now with no size gain.

deerhunter

Re: Crappie ???
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 2016, 07:14 PM »
go across the river and fish fields

CLAMFARMER

« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2016, 10:40 PM »
go across the river and fish fields
The fish there are about the same. I wish i wasn’t the case. I have seen a couple there on the 12+ side and one 16, but have caught hundreds 8 - 10.

I do believe some serious culling would be in order. It WOULD cut down the # catch rate but increase size over time.

IMHO: Hermon and connecting waters are superior crappy habitat. Look at all the ponds and streams that connect. Plus pickerel and bass are not predator enough to keep up.  That allows for great spawning and low predation rates. The only predator in there or Hermon,  that can make a difference is humans.
\"It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.”<br />

deerhunter

« Reply #3 on: Jun 27, 2016, 07:17 AM »
how bout unity p?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.