FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Green and Round lake  (Read 1208 times)

bluegoose

Green and Round lake
« on: Jun 26, 2016, 05:29 PM »
What kind of fish are at Green Lake State Park?

TRC

Re: Green and Round lake
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26, 2016, 05:39 PM »
Mainly Trout. Use canned corn on a very small hook- #10 or so. I never caught anything there until someone told me the only thing he ever caught them on there was canned corn- instant success. I've seen a few small bass and panfish there but they stock it with Trout.

UglyStik

« Reply #2 on: Jun 26, 2016, 06:31 PM »
I've seen a couple carp too, but that was long ago. Best strategy is cast out in front of the boathouse near dark, bows come in to feed then. Last time I was there people were having success using Berkley Powerbait, chartruse green on hook under bobber. Corn works as mentioned above, and worms too. Casting out as far as possible seemed to be key, so a good casting bobber may be the ticket. I have heard of people renting rowboats and jigging up ones on white split tail mr. twisters during the day. I think Round is off limits for fishing, maybe someone else knows. Post results if ya get any.

bluegoose

« Reply #3 on: Jun 27, 2016, 04:50 AM »
Thanks a lot guys, I am going camping there next week and see the lakes are like 185 ft. deep and wondered if there were any trout. I will try corn.

Ima fishin addict

« Reply #4 on: Jun 27, 2016, 05:03 PM »
Green a lot of average size bass in there largemouth and smallmouth, however they are very hard to catch due to all the pressure for such a small lake. I was only able the catch a few small ones on a natural color tube jig.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.