FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Brookville Fishing vacation  (Read 2360 times)

wallin

Brookville Fishing vacation
« on: Jul 02, 2016, 10:20 PM »
Had a great week on the water, sunday was hot as sin but you know your not staying on land that first day of fishing lol. Couldn't find a legal fish anywhere, lots of shorts from the power lines south. Fished the spot I knew and didn't do well at all. New boat and fish finders so making new way points. Monday we were fried so took the women shopping then tuesday hit it again, still just shorts up north so you fish where you know so we headed south, tried our spots that I knew, still just shorts and 1 keeper now. Wed we drove to Mounds and launched there know we caught 1 there the evening before. We caught 5 keepers  and some cats between 3 of us, wifes Birthday so we headed in early for some Mexican food in Brookville, great stuff. Thursday we hit
Gar Hill Flats again, found fish so we weren't giving up, wife enjoyed swimming as much as fishing almost hooked her a few times lol. We caught 3 and 2 perch and a few cats that we kept, shorts were present also, purple jig is all we could get to go both days. Friday it stormed so got on the water about 10am and we hit 2 keepers fairly quick and then it slowed to nothing, then I got distracted and we slid over to 24ft of water and boom the wife gets a 20 incher . So we enjoyed late campfires, good weather, some fish about everyday. It was great having dinner with Mike and Janie, it was good seeing Howard and got to meet Wink1 and like his new boat. Vaughn fished by us friday afternoon, it got slow but him and his son got a few and they sent me pics of a hug bass his son got today. Congrats.
Oh forgot that Bro blew a hub on boat trailer on the way down and sunday lost his prop, becareful who you have do work on your boat.

Bro Scott

Wallin

Boomer

Re: Brookville Fishing vacation
« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2016, 11:46 PM »
Nice. Sure do miss the "ville".  Seems almost a given to catch a few cats their while drifting for eyes.  Did you see any white bass hitting the surface?

abishop

« Reply #2 on: Jul 03, 2016, 07:10 AM »
WTG TOM

wallin

« Reply #3 on: Jul 03, 2016, 10:40 AM »
Nice. Sure do miss the "ville".  Seems almost a given to catch a few cats their while drifting for eyes.  Did you see any white bass hitting the surface?
Yes there getting the white Bass now
Everyone needs to try it at least once.
Wallin

rivereddy

« Reply #4 on: Jul 03, 2016, 07:24 PM »
Been fishin' the" jumps" in central part of the state for about a week now.
Long casts needed -boat traffic has the silvers shy.

fish on, rivereddy

Boomer

« Reply #5 on: Jul 03, 2016, 11:41 PM »
Been fishin' the" jumps" in central part of the state for about a week now.
Long casts needed -boat traffic has the silvers shy.

fish on, rivereddy
A Blue Fox spinner has enough weight on an ultralight. Lots of fun too. Keep up the fun.

If you ever get to Brookville Res. this time of year be sure to look for these white bass in the early morning and also in the late afternoon. If you have kids, even better. (Hardy Lake in southern Indiana is also good for fish in the jumps but there it may be a two pound largemouth; a four pound wipe or a twenty pound striper!)

icecleate

« Reply #6 on: Jul 04, 2016, 06:39 AM »
Way to go Tom!  Nice looking boat. How do you like it? Have you got everything figured out with your electronics?

wallin

« Reply #7 on: Jul 04, 2016, 10:13 AM »
Working the kinks out lol, learning alittle each time.
Thanks
Wallin

taxid

« Reply #8 on: Jul 04, 2016, 06:22 PM »
Way back in the 70's when I was a biologist aide someone handed the biologist I worked for a picture of a 9 pound largemouth caught out of
Brookville. That's a big bass!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

wallin

« Reply #9 on: Jul 05, 2016, 02:14 PM »
I've seen some big fish come out of there, never a 9lb but they say the next stripper record will come from there.
Wallin

fishcrazy

« Reply #10 on: Jul 11, 2016, 03:25 PM »
I've seen some big fish come out of there, never a 9lb but they say the next stripper record will come from there.
              Strippers in Brookville?  Definitely have to make it there soon then. Do you know how much they charge for a lap dance?

wallin

« Reply #11 on: Jul 12, 2016, 09:39 AM »
Bring your singles for the tuck boys or lick it and stick it on your forehead lol.
Wallin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.