FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: IDNR-- New Online License System  (Read 1968 times)

Hoosier

• MFF Mod Team
IDNR-- New Online License System
« on: Jul 05, 2016, 07:21 AM »

DNR’s new online system makes it easier to buy fishing, hunting, and trapping licenses. INHuntFish.com requires customers 18 and older to create an online account. Customers use the account to purchase their licenses, purchase or redeem gift certificates, acquire their Harvest Information Program (HIP) number, and make donations.

taxid

Re: IDNR-- New Online License System
« Reply #1 on: Jul 05, 2016, 10:38 AM »
I have to chuckle at the people that don't know this and I see buying their licenses at the counter of a bait store I frequent.

Thanks for the post!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

wallin

« Reply #2 on: Jul 05, 2016, 02:17 PM »
There's still a lot that don't know the internet or Google or that don't have a printer or how to use it.
Were the lucky ones   ;D
Wallin

bldfrt

« Reply #3 on: Jul 05, 2016, 03:41 PM »
I buy in cash. The internet doesn't take that.

Boomer

« Reply #4 on: Jul 05, 2016, 07:39 PM »
or maybe we got a lifetime license - yes . . . I know that I have to get my HIP number this way.

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Jul 06, 2016, 06:54 AM »
There's still a lot that don't know the internet or Google or that don't have a printer or how to use it.
Were the lucky ones   ;D

Seems to me more that do have Internet access from what i see. I'm thinking if you can afford a boat (We all know you're SOL in Indiana to fish if you don't have a boat) you can afford a computer, printer, and access to the Internet.

That said I don't have a cell phone by choice.  

BTW printers are dirt cheap now.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

MC_angler

« Reply #6 on: Jul 06, 2016, 11:25 AM »
Surveys show that more than 20% of folks in Indiana still do not have internet. Either by choice (luddite) or financial circumstance, or perhaps they are too rural to get decent service

Its hard to imagine, but not that surprising when you think about how many old folks there are, or rural, or inner city poor folks

Plenty of people still don't even own computers!

wallin

« Reply #7 on: Jul 06, 2016, 05:27 PM »
If you don't have a reason for the internet,  why pay all that money, and then you got to use a credit card on line and I know people that refuse, they won't even use it to buy gas, cash all the way and their probably right in this day and age.lol
Wallin

Just_jiggin83

« Reply #8 on: Jul 06, 2016, 06:56 PM »
If you don't have a reason for the internet,  why pay all that money, and then you got to use a credit card on line and I know people that refuse, they won't even use it to buy gas, cash all the way and their probably right in this day and age.lol

Thats no doubt, mine got hacked last friday and somebody down in indy was buying stuff at meijer and kroger with an actual plastic card in hand even though mine was right in my wallet in my back pocket. I have no respect for thieves!

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Jul 07, 2016, 12:17 AM »
You might be surprised at the older people that use the Internet. My dad just turned 80 and he had no issues with technology.

taxid

« Reply #10 on: Jul 07, 2016, 12:18 AM »
Thats no doubt, mine got hacked last friday and somebody down in indy was buying stuff at meijer and kroger with an actual plastic card in hand even though mine was right in my wallet in my back pocket. I have no respect for thieves!

Hopefully your bank will issue you one with a chip in the future to prevent that. In the mean time I was told putting tin foil on one side of your credit card in your wallet will prevent someone from scanning it.

wallin

« Reply #11 on: Jul 07, 2016, 06:55 AM »
That's bad news when they hack you and it may take awhile to get it straight.
Just a matter of time before they hack thru the chips.
Its the same guys hacking as building these new security items, job security for these company's lol
Wallin

ftwwalleye

« Reply #12 on: Jul 07, 2016, 03:37 PM »
It was nice when I took my dad trout fishing and I bought his trout "stamp" right at the lake before we went out.  The screenshot of your license will work until you print it out. No need to hunt for retailers at 4am

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.