FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: oopsy busted LOL  (Read 3319 times)

indianahooker

oopsy busted LOL
« on: Jul 07, 2016, 10:22 AM »
great job IDNR! 147 TINY fish!  some people ::)

https://www.facebook.com/icodistrict1/

indianahooker

Re: oopsy busted LOL
« Reply #1 on: Jul 07, 2016, 05:40 PM »
sorry, the link only takes you to the facebook page, which updates, so story is down a ways.  anyhow, its about 2 people arrested at salamonie res., for having 147 little crappie and some cats.

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Jul 07, 2016, 07:21 PM »
sorry, the link only takes you to the facebook page, which updates, so story is down a ways.  anyhow, its about 2 people arrested at salamonie res., for having 147 little crappie and some cats.

Were these people immigrants from a different country by some chance? Not anti immigrant whatsoever as my mother came from another country but have noticed some of these immigrants seem to ignore bag limits.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #3 on: Jul 07, 2016, 07:59 PM »
I Believe that's what happen. Weed them Dink's out :thumbup_smilie:. Was at sally a Month ago and the dinks would bite plain hook. They will learn now class c misdemeanor. Two days in court and a nice fine.  Too many small ones am sure it won't hurt the fishing there.

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Jul 07, 2016, 08:04 PM »
I Believe that's what happen. Weed them Dink's out :thumbup_smilie:. Was at sally a Month ago and the dinks would bite plain hook. They will learn now class c misdemeanor. Two days in court and a nice fine.  Too many small ones am sure it won't hurt the fishing there.

Like you elude to it sounds like there doesn't need to be a bag limit at Sally from what I've been told. A ton of crappie that are paper thin. At least that is what a customer told me.

It seems to get special regs, or to drop a bag limit on particular bodies of water in Indiana, to fit their specific populations dynamics is like pulling teeth. Why is that? I know our biologists are good. Politics?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

boondox

« Reply #5 on: Jul 07, 2016, 08:42 PM »
Must have thought they were in michigan we have no size limit on crappie and 25 maximum per person and no more then three daily limits kept per person.. but it still is horse shasta for any angler to have to put up with seeing them do this...

indianahooker

« Reply #6 on: Jul 08, 2016, 09:01 AM »
chances are good they wereillegals, but not sure.  if they were, they will probably never even go to court.  ever look at the wanted list on line?  lol reads like a phone book south of the border. lol

i kinda agree with you about the laws not being upheld, doc.  but that is another huge topic hidden off in a different section.  :whistling:

indianahooker

« Reply #7 on: Jul 08, 2016, 09:07 AM »
Must have thought they were in michigan we have no size limit on crappie and 25 maximum per person and no more then three daily limits kept per person.. but it still is horse shasta for any angler to have to put up with seeing them do this...

so you can have 75 crappie, in your possession, in MI.?  does that include freezers too?  Indiana is only 50 in possession, an freezers dont count.

indianahooker

« Reply #8 on: Jul 08, 2016, 09:15 AM »

It seems to get special regs, or to drop a bag limit on particular bodies of water in Indiana, to fit their specific populations dynamics is like pulling teeth. Why is that? I know our biologists are good. Politics?

probably because it would make it more complicated.  can you imagine keeping up with regs as a MI. CO. what a nightmare.  i would think a couple across the state wouldnt be that bad though.  they do it with bass already.

just make sally a, no limit, unregulated ways of fishing, and it would thin out in a year. lol fish patties for all.

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Jul 08, 2016, 09:20 AM »
chances are good they wereillegals, but not sure.  if they were, they will probably never even go to court.  ever look at the wanted list on line?  lol reads like a phone book south of the border. lol

i kinda agree with you about the laws not being upheld, doc.  but that is another huge topic hidden off in a different section.  :whistling:

Just to be clear I wasn't implying they were illegals. Just noticed certain cultures don't seem to understand the bag limit thing. One in particular is really good at littering.

taxid

« Reply #10 on: Jul 08, 2016, 09:23 AM »
probably because it would make it more complicated.  can you imagine keeping up with regs as a MI. CO. what a nightmare.  i would think a couple across the state wouldnt be that bad though.  they do it with bass already.

just make sally a, no limit, unregulated ways of fishing, and it would thin out in a year. lol fish patties for all.

Agreed. I took one look at the Mich regs once and thought I needed to get a law degree to understand them. Or a higher I.Q.!

boondox

« Reply #11 on: Jul 08, 2016, 09:52 AM »
so you can have 75 crappie, in your possession, in MI.?  does that include freezers too?  Indiana is only 50 in possession, an freezers dont count.

Yup freezers count here to that's why the is tons better fishing in the last 2 to 5 years since they introduced that law... 

crappiecrusher34

« Reply #12 on: Jul 08, 2016, 11:08 AM »
Freezer do count. That's what a bag limit is and how many bags u can possess.But Problem is, people but the small ones back. Please take small fish and put big crappies back in water. Lots of those small fish will never grow at sally,Monroe,potoka, and many others have a problem with small fish so many small ones that people aren't taking any home just putting them back in water hoping they grow. But they won't grow with so many of them competing for the same food. Missy gave up 100000 fish in about four months two years ago though the ice. Now the lake in great shape. Numbers are more level. And fish are fat. Just my two cents guys.

trophytaker1

« Reply #13 on: Jul 08, 2016, 11:45 AM »
I saw some people fishing off the bank at Winona back in May and they were catching 8 to 10 inch walleyes and swore up and down that they were perch. Didn't push it next time a quick call for CO will be in order.

tater140

« Reply #14 on: Jul 08, 2016, 12:01 PM »
I agree Crusher.  I think Sally is stuck in a rut with small fish.  For me it's been that way for about 5 years now.  It's not uncommon to catch a 100 fish and have just a handful of keepers.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.