FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: oopsy busted LOL  (Read 3320 times)

taxid

Re: oopsy busted LOL
« Reply #15 on: Jul 08, 2016, 12:58 PM »
I saw some people fishing off the bank at Winona back in May and they were catching 8 to 10 inch walleyes and swore up and down that they were perch. Didn't push it next time a quick call for CO will be in order.

Oh heck that's nothing. Back in the 70's there was no size limit on walleye. I did a creel survey on Sylvan Lake, I believe in 1977. Anyway, I saw people putting cigar size or slightly larger walleyes in fish baskets. I kid you not! Unfortunately at the time it was perfectly legal.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

indianahooker

« Reply #16 on: Jul 08, 2016, 10:24 PM »
Freezer do count. That's what a bag limit is and how many bags u can possess.But Problem is, people but the small ones back. Please take small fish and put big crappies back in water. Lots of those small fish will never grow at sally,Monroe,potoka, and many others have a problem with small fish so many small ones that people aren't taking any home just putting them back in water hoping they grow. But they won't grow with so many of them competing for the same food. Missy gave up 100000 fish in about four months two years ago though the ice. Now the lake in great shape. Numbers are more level. And fish are fat. Just my two cents guys.

have to disagree with you twice.

first your freezer does not count to your possession limit, in Indiana.  read the book, its there.  if they check you,out and about, you can not have any more than 50 on/with you.  its 2 calendar days possession.  as in before midnight and after.

second, there is way more than enough food, in just shad alone, to grow those fish.  i would have a hard time believing our reservoir fish would stunt.  just a great year class. imo

just my opinion on the last one though. it could be human impact too, if its always busy.

abishop

« Reply #17 on: Jul 09, 2016, 08:59 AM »
Oh heck that's nothing. Back in the 70's when there was no size limit on walleye. I did a creel survey on Sylvan Lake, I believe in 1977. Anyway, I saw people putting cigar size or slightly larger walleyes in fish baskets. I kid you not! Unfortunately at the time it was perfectly legal.
Last time I fished Cass Lake in Minnesota there was no size limit on eyes either. Not sure if this has changed now. Does anyone know?

taxid

« Reply #18 on: Jul 09, 2016, 09:26 AM »
Last time I fished Cass Lake in Minnesota there was no size limit on eyes either. Not sure if this has changed now. Does anyone know?

There must have been a reason for no size limit? From what I have heard Minnesota is really strict on regulations. I know in aquaculture circles up there they call the MDNR the gestapo as they aren't very friendly to fish farmers. The MDNR has a lot of power in that state.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

bigr

« Reply #19 on: Jul 09, 2016, 09:11 PM »
Most likely these people  will never see the inside of a court room and certainly won't pay a dime. The only thing I can say good about these people the most likely would not have wasted I bit of their catch. Also I I'm positive the Sally is stunted with small crappie that will never make ten inches. That resi can't be hurt by a 1000 illegals keeping all the fish they want. Still doesn't make it right.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.