FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fish Lake oops and scare  (Read 1018 times)

Boomer

Fish Lake oops and scare
« on: Jul 10, 2016, 10:05 PM »
Had to go to the LaPorte County fair today to tend to our rabbits. Decided to go to Fish Lake and try for some fish again this week. (Did well last week in the boat.) This time we took the kayaks. Were were there about an hour when we heard some fire truck sirens and saw smoke coming from the area near the parking area.

Time to leave and we see the fire truck IN the parking lot. They were parked in a position that was close to our truck. I rushed up to find a lady sitting on the tailgate of her truck which was parked next to mine. Her truck was toast. Total loss. (I feel sorry for her as she and her son(?) were motoring by when they saw the flames.) She said the firemen sprayed water on my truck very quickly to prevent any spread. I thanked the firemen and they asked if there was any damage. Could not see any. A bad fishing day for us turned out better than we thought.

wallin

Re: Fish Lake oops and scare
« Reply #1 on: Jul 11, 2016, 11:05 AM »
Glad all was ok, heard on facebook there was a guy that turned over his kayak in Stone or Pine lake yesterday, fireman recovered him in 7ft of water and said last report was still alive.
Sad news no life jackets on and hope he was one of our guys.
Anyone hear anything else?
Tom
Wallin

Boomer

Re: Fish Lake oops and scare
« Reply #2 on: Jul 12, 2016, 07:28 AM »
I have the CO on my Facebook page. Pretty much like you said. I DO NOT go in my kayak without my life jacket on. We were on Pine in all those waves and were having fun without much fear of drowning. We had to go to the fair before all that happened. Sad to hear no matter what.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.