FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: A first for me!  (Read 16379 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: A first for me!
« Reply #60 on: Jul 20, 2016, 09:22 AM »
I will when I can get off the Vicodin.

I have a new tenor guitar to learn as well. Seems my fingers aren't quite up to it yet. Just kind of groggy. I'm reducing the dosage 20% today. Hope to be off it by Saturday.

Just got back from a walk with my Bride. There's a canal bridge downtown that's a great place to take a chair and do some carp fishing. I'm shooting for Monday.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

oatkasut

« Reply #61 on: Jul 20, 2016, 10:53 AM »
Active minds can be a dangerous thing! Glad your thinking about fishing options. My buddy Jim has bad legs but still fly fishes by putting a folding camp chair into the stream and sits and roll casts with his fly rod; and he catches fish!There is always a way; keep getting better.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #62 on: Jul 20, 2016, 12:04 PM »
"I ain't broke....just badly bent"  ;D

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #63 on: Jul 21, 2016, 09:22 AM »
Well, it's almost a week now. Got up this morning, did some gardening, put the flag out and made my Bride and I some breakfast. Still pretty sore and taking pain meds, but I feel like I'm starting to mend.

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #64 on: Jul 21, 2016, 01:25 PM »
That's good. Just keep pluggin' along!   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

filetandrelease

« Reply #65 on: Jul 21, 2016, 03:46 PM »
Just keep chugging along , before you know it you will be running at full throttle

RockDoc

• Hardwater61 on I.S.
« Reply #66 on: Jul 23, 2016, 05:56 AM »
Just seeing this thread now...sorry to hear you went down, RG, but good to hear you are up and running!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #67 on: Jul 23, 2016, 08:37 AM »
Thanks,
Can't say I'm running as yet.....walking now........better than hobbling. Staples come out Monday. A little at a time.

Rg

youngster

• Just Do IT
« Reply #68 on: Jul 23, 2016, 02:35 PM »
GOODLUCK RG hope you,re on the mend and up and back atem soon.....

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #69 on: Jul 24, 2016, 07:21 PM »
Thanks,
Can't say I'm running as yet.....walking now........better than hobbling. Staples come out Monday. A little at a time.

Rg
I'm glad though you're coming along.....you'll be back in business in no time....fishin, working and bird housing!
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #70 on: Jul 25, 2016, 05:28 AM »
Things are starting to look up. Staples come out today. Had my first Heineken yesterday. Once the staples are gone I can wear an abdominal binder to help support my wound. I tried it for a little while last evening and it really helps. Certainly makes coughing easier. I sneezed once yesterday.....OYE!

We forget how important the abdominal muscles are to almost every activity. I'm here to tell ya......I'm getting a stern reminder.

Rg

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #71 on: Jul 25, 2016, 05:58 AM »
sounds like  your  going in the right direction RG .... just don't over  do  .....  you'll be tossing  flies again in no time :thumbup_smilie:
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Mac Attack

« Reply #72 on: Jul 25, 2016, 06:01 AM »
 :thumbup_smilie:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #73 on: Jul 25, 2016, 07:37 AM »
I hear ya Trapper. Problem is, I'm not a patient patient :-\

Rg

BLACK ICE

« Reply #74 on: Jul 26, 2016, 04:19 AM »

I'm sorry that I didn't get back on MFF sooner, I'm glad that you're doing better Rg, just take it easy, I know you're a
                man that likes to be active, but a little rest now will help in the long run.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.