FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: A first for me!  (Read 16378 times)

NYSporty

Re: A first for me!
« Reply #75 on: Jul 26, 2016, 07:57 AM »
You picked a good time to set in the house, fishing is tough and the heat makes it tough to be fishing.
Hope you have a speedy recovery Rg.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #76 on: Jul 26, 2016, 06:52 PM »
Thanks bud!
I'm working on it. Mowed the lawn today. Grilled on the Weber for dinner.

Things are looking up ;D

I'm thinking I may take the 3 wt to a spot on the stream tomorrow morning for a few gills. I need some "me" time.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #77 on: Jul 27, 2016, 07:17 AM »
  "Where's the beef"? Did the Doc cut that out of the diet?   :P

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #78 on: Jul 27, 2016, 09:50 AM »
No diet restrictions at all. I'm a borderline vegetarian anyway. Just trying my best to eat well.

The problem they corrected was a physical defect. Had nothing to do with diet.

Took,the 3 wt to the backyard stream for an hour this morning. I have shore access at a bridge so no wading involved. Felt good to lose myself tossing dlies for a bit. Even caught a few gills.

Rg

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
« Reply #79 on: Jul 27, 2016, 12:06 PM »
Funny that most people, when dealing with post-operative recovery, will try their best to speed up the recovery (or at least shorten its duration).

The human spirit hates being told it can't do something. It harkens back to our childhood and our rebellious youth.
It also corresponds to the old line "Why did you climb that mountain? Because it was there!"

It may also relate to the desire to push ourselves, not out of necessity but our of pure desire!

Keep your spirits up and you'll speed down that road to recovery!
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #80 on: Jul 27, 2016, 03:06 PM »
Well you hit that on the head. Other than a couple  broken bones, semi mangled digits, some stitched up leaks and the occasional cold, I've been generally healthy. Recoveries for me have been a minor inconvenience.

This one might take just a little longer.

Rg

Pequod1

« Reply #81 on: Jul 28, 2016, 03:03 AM »
I guess I should pay more attention to the boards. Just read about your illness and would like to wish you a speedy recovery. The fish, on the other hand , would like you to leave them alone a bit longer, they need a break.  :D

filetandrelease

« Reply #82 on: Jul 28, 2016, 05:57 AM »

Glad your doing better RG , i sympathize with you , nothing worse than being grounded

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #83 on: Jul 28, 2016, 12:06 PM »
Can't go wrong with grilled sweet corn Rg... it's the best!  ;D

WK
Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #84 on: Jul 28, 2016, 04:19 PM »
well  just take  it  easy RG  don't  quit  but  no need  to push yourself ......remember the tortoise beat the  hare  anyways ....glad  to  hear your   having some  fun with the  gills  ;D...they  would  look  good on that weber too ya know
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #85 on: Jul 28, 2016, 05:27 PM »
Nah...they're like pets to me. It's unusual to find a small stream with a native population of gills like that. They're for catching....not for eating. It'll be a while before I go for a serious tromp upstream. I'm just glad my Bride is retired. If she wasn't around I'd go goofy.

Rg

IFF

« Reply #86 on: Jul 28, 2016, 06:10 PM »
Dang Bob, just stumbled into this thread, Staples out 3 days and your whipping the air ?  Looks like I have been working far to many hours, and watching too many tying videos.  Glad your on the mend.  Better days are yet to come, like other have said.....Don't rush it, or Bride might have to send you back to the hospital for stitches on your noggin.  ;D
*¿*  Bud

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #87 on: Jul 28, 2016, 06:46 PM »
Thanks Bud. Can't call it "whipping the air" more like wafting. But, it felt more "normal".

I'm getting there.

Rg

UglyStik

« Reply #88 on: Jul 28, 2016, 07:06 PM »
You definitly should take your time, I speak from experience. Had abdominal surgery when I was younger and I didn't take it easy (yeah, genious). A couple years later I ended up with scar tissue wound around my galbladder and caused it to fail. Because of hiatal hernia they could not scope the galbladder out, they had to open me up a 2nd time. That time I DID listen and took it easy.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #89 on: Jul 29, 2016, 04:41 AM »
Thanks Bud. Can't call it "whipping the air" more like wafting. But, it felt more "normal".

I'm getting there.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.