FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: eagle bay n.y.  (Read 1737 times)

adkmountainman1

eagle bay n.y.
« on: Jul 17, 2016, 03:38 PM »
any body fiishing 4th lake ? Best way to fish 4th lake?

mcarey97

Re: eagle bay n.y.
« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 2016, 05:03 PM »
4th gets a ton of traffic, it has become a tough one during the summer. super early/late eve     there are some nice ones in there

finsntins

« Reply #2 on: Jul 18, 2016, 05:14 AM »
like was stated above,fish sun up till 10 am and then get off the lake!!!!!i wouldnt be out there in the evening,by that time every body is good and drunk.lakers are tough to get this time of the year,best bet is from a small boat,fishing the shore line and shallow weed beds for bass and pike.there are nice bass and really big pike to be caught.stick baits in perch color are good all around lures.
MISS B.HAVEN' SPORT FISHING

pmac3

« Reply #3 on: Jul 18, 2016, 09:22 AM »
Try jigging the inlet side of Rocky Point for smallies and possible pike and around Dollar Island.  It's a frustrating lake during the day for sure. Best to be out there before sun up and off by 10. Then go to Raquette  ;D

adkmountainman1

« Reply #4 on: Jul 18, 2016, 08:07 PM »
thanks for the info , going up in 3 weeks staying in eagle bay,do you know best place to rent a boat?

pmac3

« Reply #5 on: Jul 18, 2016, 10:14 PM »
Clark's Marina is right in Eagle Bay, and cheaper than Rivet's in Old Forge. Boats available 8 am- 6pm.

jager61

• FB Page: NY Reservoir Trout
« Reply #6 on: Jul 18, 2016, 10:44 PM »
If you have a Leadcore Set Up, 5-7 colors in 60+ FOW and skip Suttons or similar spoons off the bottom by hand (yanking lead).  Keep the speed real slow, less than 1 mph.  This time of year I have my best luck on Fourth and Raquette for that matter, Yanking Leadcore.  Requires very little effort or high tech equipment and highly effective in a rowboat.  Use a drift sock or bucket with holes dragged behind the boat to keep the speed under control if its windy.

Good Luck!  :D

MK

finsntins

« Reply #7 on: Jul 20, 2016, 05:24 AM »
clarks marina 315-357-3231,if they dont have what you want,try dunns boat service in big moose,if you cant go get the boat,i believe they will deliver the boat where ever you want.315-357-3532.you also have palmer point and rivets in old forge.
MISS B.HAVEN' SPORT FISHING

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.