FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New Lund question  (Read 13566 times)

massNtrash

Re: New Lund question
« Reply #30 on: Aug 11, 2016, 04:50 PM »
Yes my kicker is the standard 20" shaft. I will have to double check on the brand of the transom saver I honestly can't remember on that one. It does have a slight bend to it though. I will look tonight and take some pictures for you.

Mac I was thinking about setting my terrova up with 4 batteries as you did. How are you charging them? I have an on board 3 bank charger but am I right that it wouldn't charge the two extra batteries? If I go for a whole weekend of fishing (like I am about to leave for) I have to be careful not to drain it so I end up using the kicker more. I was also thinking about just getting one of those small honda generators to charge it with at camp each night.
Rippin Lips!

LooseEye90

« Reply #31 on: Aug 11, 2016, 05:23 PM »
Thanks for the info on the kicker!

Mac the Bimini is a 54".

Got my ciscos in today. Nice brackets! Here's what I mocked up. the Bimini will just clear the knobs and these things are way more solid than expected.

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #32 on: Aug 11, 2016, 05:41 PM »
This thread is kicking!  My rigger mounts are the Lund Brackets for the Crossover from the LUND website...I ordered them directly from the LUND website, they took a couple weeks to get here...I put a 1/2" thick aluminum plate under the bracket and I mounted a 6" track to it...I then bought a 4" Berts swivel track mount and mounted the down rigger base to the berts swivel mount.  Everything comes right off pretty easy...my cover fits over the Lund down rigger mount with the track...I also mounted a 6" track up front for the planer board mast.  I have 4 cisco 90 degree mounts with two 36" cisco tracks mounted to them with 2 rod holders on each...and yes the best part is it catches fish and the kids enjoy the ski pilon for pulling the tube!

\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

Mac Attack

« Reply #33 on: Aug 11, 2016, 07:24 PM »

Mac I was thinking about setting my terrova up with 4 batteries as you did. How are you charging them? I have an on board 3 bank charger but am I right that it wouldn't charge the two extra batteries? If I go for a whole weekend of fishing (like I am about to leave for) I have to be careful not to drain it so I end up using the kicker more. I was also thinking about just getting one of those small honda generators to charge it with at camp each night.

Originally, the boat had a 3 bank on board charger.
one bank for the main battery.
The other 2 for the 2 deep cycles for the Terova.
I added the 2 extra batteries.
Actually, I originally had the 24's and then upgraded to the 29's for more run time.
Got another hour, vs the 4-5 I was originally getting.
Still not enough.
So I took back my old 24's from my son Jeff.   ;D
(He's thrilled)
And I mounted them, each in series, in parallel with the 29's.
I then got a super deal on a Cabelas Pro Series 12 amp on board 2 bank charger and hooked that up to the 2nd set of batteries (the 24's).
Hope that makes sense.
Now I simply plug in both chargers when I come in.
The on board chargers have isolation circuits in them.
So they can be wired without issues.
I love the set up.
Lots of weight up front, but works well.
Now, if I only had a 90 hp main motor instead of the 60hp.
 :D

If you have a lot of room, go with four series 31's.
BOOM!
 ;)

Mac Attack

« Reply #34 on: Aug 11, 2016, 07:25 PM »

Mac the Bimini is a 54".

d**n!

OK, you saved me a headache anyway.

Thanks tons!!!

added 8/12/16 - I'm going to get into the boat and do some measuring from the floor.
I have had biminis that were both too tall and too short.
I want this one correct.

Again, thanks for the measurement.

Mac Attack

« Reply #35 on: Aug 11, 2016, 07:27 PM »
I have it all done up on a spreadsheet at home.
I'll dig it out tonight and get back to you.
But somewhere about 2800 lbs if I remember correctly.
Please understand that I have four (4) deep cycle storage batteries up front for the Terrova.
They are wired in series parallel for 2 banks of 24 volts.
This setup allows me to troll for eyes with the Terova all day pretty much if I want.
There are 2 series 29's and 2 series 24's.
The 29's are like 65 lbs each and the 24's are about 50 lbs each.
The Honda kicker is another 100 lbs.
I have a lot of crap on that 16' boat.
And the boat lists as 1900 lbs towing weight from the factory.
So my 2800 above is probably close.
Still, I'll check my spreadsheet tonight.

Mac

Yup, about 2800 lbs, before the 2 extra series 24's.
So say 2900 lbs.

Plus my fat a$$
 ;D

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #36 on: Aug 12, 2016, 07:03 AM »
Thanks for the info Mac... 8)

massNtrash

« Reply #37 on: Aug 12, 2016, 08:31 AM »
Thank you Mac and Huntny30 for the info. I really like the looks of those berts swivel bases. I can usually get 5 ish hours out of my terrova trolling in the 1-2mph range but if I kick the kicker on and just let it idle in gear I can usually get a full day without any problems.  That is why the kicker is so nice especially if there is any wind!

Kyle I forgot to check the brand on my transom saver last night but I will today when I load the boat up to head out. Here is a not so good picture of it though. It has just a slight bend to it maybe 15 degrees?

And some scenery pictures just for fun

If you look closely in the lower right of this picture you can see my boat sitting there. That other one is a friends

Rippin Lips!

massNtrash

« Reply #38 on: Aug 12, 2016, 08:51 AM »
I also added some back up lights to my trailer and the bluewater LED navigation lights inside the rub rail. I can provide more info if you guys would like it.

Each one of the LED's is just as bright as the others it is just hard to get a decent picture of.

These backup lights are amazing and they fit just about perfect.

Rippin Lips!

Mac Attack

« Reply #39 on: Aug 12, 2016, 09:09 AM »

Thank you Mac and Huntny30 for the info. I really like the looks of those berts swivel bases. I can usually get 5 ish hours out of my terrova trolling in the 1-2mph range but if I kick the kicker on and just let it idle in gear I can usually get a full day without any problems.  That is why the kicker is so nice especially if there is any wind!

Same here with the Honda 8hp kicker of mine.
But on real calm days the Honda and the Terova just won't get me low enough, even with the kicker at an idle in gear.
I have the lowest pitch prop on it and my next step was to have a local prop shop cut the ID of the prop down a little.
But I had the two extra 24's (well my son Jeff had them   :whistling:), so I decided to add the 2 extra batteries.

Huntny30

« Reply #40 on: Aug 12, 2016, 04:09 PM »
I'd love the info on the led lights in the sport track...that is sweet!  I use my wedge for a transom saver and they also have ones that go one both sides so your motor won't turn when trailering...check it out!
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

LooseEye90

« Reply #41 on: Aug 12, 2016, 07:26 PM »
Those LEDs look awesome! Hope you have a great trip.

Found  a transom saver with decent reviews for 35$ on Amazon. Might give it a whirl. From the same company which makes brackets for the sport trac. I bought two of them and they work great, I'd say better than the Lund ones actually. They were 18$ a few weeks ago but last I saw they were about the same price as the Lunds.
https://www.amazon.com/Extreme-Max-3004-3096-Straight-Accessory/dp/B005M186YY

massNtrash

« Reply #42 on: Aug 15, 2016, 08:02 AM »
Good morning guys I just got back from a decent trip 18 walleyes and 9 big perch on Saturday.

Anyways the led nav lights are from bluewater led here is a link:
http://www.bluewaterled.com/boat-led-lighting-packages/bow-led-lighting-red-green.html
I have been very impressed with the quality and brightness of them so I may be adding some more to the inside of the boat for extra lighting, the two interior stock lights just aren't cutting it. These lights are also just spliced into the stock wiring so if I wanted to I could still put the post in and it would work as well, although it is nice to not have to mess with it.

I looked at my transom saver but was unable to find a brand on it but it is pretty much identical to this one
http://www.go2marine.com/product/388747F/panther-adjustible-transom-saver.html?WT.srch=1&WT.mc_id=gb1&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=productfeed&utm_campaign=googleshopping&gclid=CLG2v8i8w84CFQgOaQod_0ALUA

Kyle have you taken her out yet? I was able to get 42 mph out of mine this weekend with 7 people and 2 big dogs in it I was pretty impressed with that.
Rippin Lips!

LooseEye90

« Reply #43 on: Aug 16, 2016, 02:05 PM »
Unfortunately I have not been out, it's killing me. Friday I will be somewhere for sure, hopefully Lake George!! A nice long lake to break in the engine. I'll will get in some trolling/fishing of some
Sort!

Thanks for checking the transom saver. I order one online and it should come later today.  The kicker already came in today, I'll fire it up tonight after I mount it and get oil in it.  That completes the rig minus the down rigger plates. I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow to check on them. hopefully my next post will be one with pictures of FISH!

Huntny30

« Reply #44 on: Aug 16, 2016, 08:07 PM »
Good luck, I was skunked out in Lake Ontario yesterday afternoon...the Salmon should be stacking up nicely soon...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.