FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Rockwood Gas  (Read 5437 times)

lion

Rockwood Gas
« on: Jul 25, 2016, 02:00 PM »
Pardon my ignorance, but it's been 5 years since I've been through Rockwood and the last time I was there the Moose River store was still open.  Is there a new gas station in town or should I fill up in Greenville on my way through?  Thanks for any info!

Snopro

Re: Rockwood Gas
« Reply #1 on: Jul 25, 2016, 02:40 PM »
The other store in rockwood has gas, they don't open very early. Like 7 am I think? Gas is high priced too!

PK186

« Reply #2 on: Jul 25, 2016, 05:27 PM »
The new store on the left before you get to the road on the right that goes to the boat launch has gas. I don't know what time they open or the price but I took 10 gallons with me for my week trip in June. Put 5 in the wifes car and the other 5 in the boat when I got back.

Turnbuckle

« Reply #3 on: Jul 25, 2016, 05:34 PM »
Rockwood convenience and Rockwood bar and grill at the top of the hill.

24 hour gas, pay at the pump.

Have a good trip.
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

linguini

« Reply #4 on: Jul 25, 2016, 08:36 PM »
I would get gas in Greenville .it is a lot cheeper
the dave and dave show

lion

« Reply #5 on: Jul 26, 2016, 06:42 AM »
Thanks for the info guys.  Appreciate it.

jimmie333

• Fish On!
« Reply #6 on: Jul 26, 2016, 07:33 AM »

Will they take cans in exchange for gas?  ::)

Turnbuckle

« Reply #7 on: Jul 26, 2016, 08:02 AM »

Great plan, maybe everyone will and it will go out of business again resulting in no gas in Rockwood and everyone in the area including people staying and boating up there will have to drive 30 minutes for fuel :flush:
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

Snopro

« Reply #8 on: Jul 26, 2016, 09:08 AM »
Well on a Saturday morning at 6:30  am, store not open!!!!!! Guess I will be safe and buy gas and stuff in Greenville!!!!!!!  Only store in Greenville open we seen was Brettons in the junction. And The one in rockwood should be fine if someone stops in Greenville to get gas, they will make it up on the next over priced sale they make.

Turnbuckle

« Reply #9 on: Jul 26, 2016, 09:50 AM »
People can choose where they want to purchase, that is the beauty of America.

On the other hand everyone was bitching about no gas in Rockwood for years. No that a new owner is trying to make a run at it and put in 24 hour fuel, people b***h about the increased cost over Greenville. It's more expensive for delivery, especially at smaller volumes, and the self serve pumps have a cost. They aren't getting rich with the operation, but if it's a deal breaker to save maybe a buck or two for you guys, have at it.

lion

« Reply #10 on: Jul 26, 2016, 11:43 AM »
I used to stop at Moose River on my way in and out of the woods and was pretty bummed when it shut down.  I'm willing to spend a little more for the convenience.  It's like when I head to camp which is between The Forks and Jackman, there is no reliable place to get gas north of Moscow.  You never know if Bishop's is going to have gas and thats a real pain especially during hunting season and sledding.  I would think that someone could make a killing opening a small gas station somewhere in the area.  Seems like there would be a market for it.

Turnbuckle

« Reply #11 on: Jul 26, 2016, 03:47 PM »
I used to stop at Moose River on my way in and out of the woods and was pretty bummed when it shut down.  I'm willing to spend a little more for the convenience.  It's like when I head to camp which is between The Forks and Jackman, there is no reliable place to get gas north of Moscow.  You never know if Bishop's is going to have gas and thats a real pain especially during hunting season and sledding.  I would think that someone could make a killing opening a small gas station somewhere in the area.  Seems like there would be a market for it.

I think you mean Barry's, and I agree.

As I look around us and the health of small businesses in Maine, I'm working harder to support them. I went to camp in Jackman every weekend except 2 from October to April 1st or so.
It's much easier to buy groceries and beer with my regular shopping down here or a snowmobile belt on line but I try to do all my groceries, beer, and accessories up there even if it helps a little. Yeah, I'm paying a tad more end of the day but not enough to make a difference.

duck

« Reply #12 on: Jul 26, 2016, 08:26 PM »
I was up there yesterday, 2.50 a gallon.  When I needed gas, I filled up there. I bought 10 gallons, cost me less than 3 bucks more than if I toted gas cans in from Greenville. It was worth it to me.
"Born to fish...forced to work!!"

lion

« Reply #13 on: Jul 27, 2016, 06:57 AM »
I think you mean Barry's, and I agree.

I did mean Barry's..my apology's!

lion

« Reply #14 on: Jul 27, 2016, 07:31 AM »
Anybody know the names or number's to any of these places?  None of them show up on Google...well Rockwood convenience does but the number listed doesn't work...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.