FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Anyone fishing?  (Read 1917 times)

JoeGG

Anyone fishing?
« on: Jul 26, 2016, 04:02 PM »
Got a 4+ lb brown and an 18.5 in bow the other day. Anyone else out there?

zwiggles

Re: Anyone fishing?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26, 2016, 06:03 PM »
I have not been, but I'm on my way up to lake Champlain now. Hoping to have something to post about when I get back.

Any pics of the brown? I'll show you mine if you show me yours....

fishcaptain1

« Reply #2 on: Jul 26, 2016, 07:07 PM »
Not it but heading out Friday night for a weekend of tuna wishing hope it goes well be back in Sunday afternoon

zwiggles

« Reply #3 on: Jul 27, 2016, 07:49 PM »
I just got back from Champlain, where I went on a guided trip targeting lakers. My friend and fiancée already had this booked, and we're kind enough to invite me along. They had been on two trips before with this guide, and I heard epic reports each time they came back. This trip did not disappoint.

We fished 5:15am-1:15pm in several different spots and landed 54 fish, all lakers. There was a frenzy from ~6:45-10:00 in which we probably boated 40 fish. We caught more fish this time than my friends caught in both of their previous two trips combined. I have never been to a fishery like this lake before, and will definitely be going back.

I would guess most fish were around 8-10 pounds with a few smaller ones mixed in, and a dozen fish in the teens. It was a long drive, and I may be a little sore and tired at work tomorrow but certainly worth it.

NH_RED

« Reply #4 on: Jul 28, 2016, 11:42 AM »
Some nice fish with action and quality we only dream about in NH ;D

dickbaker

« Reply #5 on: Jul 30, 2016, 03:55 PM »
Wow!  Sounds like a super fishing epic!    I still can't get over the fact that Champlain lakers have Easter Yellow colored flesh but they taste great!
The salmon fishing can be almost as good in spring and early summer?
Dick

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.