FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Great Sacandaga Lake Bass Help.  (Read 6380 times)

mike304

Great Sacandaga Lake Bass Help.
« on: Jul 26, 2016, 04:31 PM »
Hey guys. Anyone out there have any tips on bass fishing Great Sacandaga? I've never fished it before and I'm fishing in a tournament there in a few weeks. Just looking for any help anyone might wanna give. You can PM me if you don'y wanna put anything on the open forum. Thanks.

greensider

Re: Great Sacandaga Lake Bass Help.
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26, 2016, 05:51 PM »
why fish for bass there when there are so many better places but back when i fish it i found them around the islands

mike304

« Reply #2 on: Jul 28, 2016, 02:40 PM »
why fish for bass there when there are so many better places but back when i fish it i found them around the islands

Did ya see the part about "fishing in a tournament"????

fishbone

« Reply #3 on: Jul 28, 2016, 03:09 PM »
my advise is to cover alot of water--be aggressive--fish fast---try the weeds--if its good stick to it-----if not go to the 15 to 20 foot  open structure water with tubes and dropshots---but fish fast

greensider

« Reply #4 on: Jul 28, 2016, 05:07 PM »
nope lololol

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Jul 28, 2016, 05:42 PM »
Hey guys. Anyone out there have any tips on bass fishing Great Sacandaga? I've never fished it before and I'm fishing in a tournament there in a few weeks. Just looking for any help anyone might wanna give. You can PM me if you don'y wanna put anything on the open forum. Thanks.

Fish SLOOOOOOW...   DOCKS.... Especially when it gets busy on the lake...  I would find a couple spots on google earth with lots of docks...  Skip your favorite plastics under docks as far as you can and let them sit with your finger on the line............   But thats just how I would win, I mean do it if I was there..  ;)  Got one somewhere else that day...   ;D    Good luck.....   
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

gotabig1

« Reply #6 on: Jul 29, 2016, 05:26 PM »
I haven't fished there for bass in a while but I used to do quite well fishing submerged rock piles w/ shiners

mike304

« Reply #7 on: Aug 01, 2016, 05:26 AM »
Thanks guys. Although I'm fishing the tournament as a co-angler, it never hurts to have a couple spots and a plan if your boater isn't on fish.

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #8 on: Aug 01, 2016, 09:38 AM »
Haven't fished it in a while, but when we did, if we got bored of catching small walleyes, we would drag/drift tubes around structure, especially from sand island south to scout island.    Always caught plenty of smallies doing that.

nitro09

« Reply #9 on: Aug 01, 2016, 01:42 PM »
the tourney doesn't happen to be the aba is it? I'll be there too. As a non. don't expect big bags,pretty much smallmouth only, 5 for 12 pounds will win boater.  a lot of baitfish in sacandoga. sometimes you can see them schooling. Good luck

mike304

« Reply #10 on: Aug 02, 2016, 05:50 AM »
the tourney doesn't happen to be the aba is it? I'll be there too. As a non. don't expect big bags,pretty much smallmouth only, 5 for 12 pounds will win boater.  a lot of baitfish in sacandoga. sometimes you can see them schooling. Good luck
Guess we'll be competing against each other!!! I know what you mean about baitfish, I was over there the other day and saw tons. First time I ever fished it, spent most of my time puttering around. My daughter wanted to go for a boat ride so how could I refuse. So I figured if I was gonna go for a boat ride, might as well check out the place. Launched at Day launch site, never really got in to the main lake. wind was blowing and it was kinda snotty.
Did pick up 3  1 1/2 - 2 lb'ers.
Hope my boater knows it better than me!!!

Bartman44

« Reply #11 on: Aug 02, 2016, 07:04 PM »
My only advice for what it's worth  (assuming you want bigger fish) is to throw big stuff. I fish the Sac in spring and fall targeting very  big pike and I hook up with some of the lake's  bigger smallies by accident. Real nice ones.   I'm talking 8 inch Believers and 5-6  inch perch colored shad baits.  After  you fill the live well with cookie cutters, try a bigger bait. Maybe you'll catch a pig pike by accident.  ;D

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #12 on: Aug 02, 2016, 08:19 PM »
Fished it today. Walleye bite was real light, got 5. Caught 7 SMB. Fish came from 24 to 26 fow. Jigs and worms and some on lindy rigs and leeches. Couple of the bass were close to 18"...h2l

mike304

« Reply #13 on: Aug 03, 2016, 05:31 PM »
Fished it today. Walleye bite was real light, got 5. Caught 7 SMB. Fish came from 24 to 26 fow. Jigs and worms and some on lindy rigs and leeches. Couple of the bass were close to 18"...h2l
d**n, I'll take 18" smallie's all day long, Thanks

fishbone

« Reply #14 on: Aug 03, 2016, 06:03 PM »
good luck guys----maybe put up a pic

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.