FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Idea's for an exotic fishing vacation  (Read 7043 times)

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
Re: Idea's for an exotic fishing vacation
« Reply #15 on: Aug 17, 2016, 08:41 PM »
jager61, I've learned one thing, you don't catch small fish! Awesome pics! Definitely an exotic fishing vacation too...
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Chowdaire

« Reply #16 on: Aug 18, 2016, 05:51 AM »
Sorry. In my quick post last night I was only thinking about ocean trips off Thailand. You also have the monster fish resort south of Bangkok that Jeremy Wade has visited when he can't find his target in the wild. Monster carp, catfish and imported species like arapaima, (alligator gar too?). Also giant snake head in the lake to the west of Bangkok along the Burmese border. I even saw they fish flies and topwater for some silver fish that looks like a small tarpon.

Lots of things I probably should have tried while I was there but there's enough to do that I never really got around to fishing. Wish now that I had.

ship of fools

« Reply #17 on: Aug 18, 2016, 07:13 AM »

Already planning for next year for Sailfish and Marlin!

😃

MK

I spoke to the owners years back while attending a trade show, legit guys, knew there stuff and very flexible with where and how you can fish.  I haven't made it down yet but I will soon!

Let's plan a trip together ... i would love to do a week of big game fishing somewhere in the tropics with my ice fishing buddies  :tipup:

jlucky

« Reply #18 on: Aug 18, 2016, 01:09 PM »
Islamorada Florida and Key West is hard to beat for fishing AND HOT women!!!!! LOTS of HOT women and the fishing is awesome

legend1

« Reply #19 on: Aug 18, 2016, 06:43 PM »
Do not come to wyoming as all the fish left here long ago, no trout, no pike, no walleyes, no crappies, no perch....just keep going folks.....nothing to see here at all. i did hear of a fish caught in nebraska however.

lowaccord66

« Reply #20 on: Aug 19, 2016, 07:19 AM »
Let's plan a trip together ... i would love to do a week of big game fishing somewhere in the tropics with my ice fishing buddies  :tipup:

Not a bad idea at all!

step2jimi

« Reply #21 on: Aug 19, 2016, 09:46 AM »
Just came back from a week in Costa Rica! Fishing was awesome!! I can put you in touch with the captain that took me out if interested! Great crew, REALLY knows their stuff and lots of excitement, all for a decent price!
CR is extremely tourist friendly and the scenery is spectacular! Lots of other fun things to do and and see! Best trip I've ever been on!

Already planning for next year for Sailfish and Marlin!

😃

MK

My wife and I are going on a trip with a buddy of mine and his girlfriend in late feb early march. Costa Rica has been tossed around and really has stood out to me, i think some of these photos have sealed the deal to me. My buddy and I fish together constantly and both want to do a day trip when we get down there. Once we get into the details more I may contact you for advice Mike.

step2jimi

« Reply #22 on: Aug 19, 2016, 09:47 AM »
Not a bad idea at all!

imagine that, that would be a trip of a lifetime for sure.

ship of fools

« Reply #23 on: Aug 19, 2016, 10:33 AM »
imagine that, that would be a trip of a lifetime for sure.

In the meantime with about 20 - 25 guys we could charter out the Helen-H or Viking for a 3 day tuna trip and have the whole boat to ourselves  ;D

filetandrelease

« Reply #24 on: Aug 19, 2016, 10:42 AM »

The arapaima would be great second largest fresh water fish in the world , and a vampire fish are also to cool

Chowdaire

« Reply #25 on: Aug 19, 2016, 11:07 AM »
Yeah. This is the place with the arapaima.

http://www.gillhamsfishingresorts.com/

They're stocked ponds but some once in a lifetime fish, located in a beautiful mountain jungle, and close to the coast so you can hit the ocean too.

And like I mentioned earlier, Thailand also has the deep sea and mountain lake/river fishing.

Urgh. Thinking about this has me pricing tickets!

lowaccord66

« Reply #26 on: Aug 19, 2016, 01:37 PM »
Yeah. This is the place with the arapaima.

http://www.gillhamsfishingresorts.com/

They're stocked ponds but some once in a lifetime fish, located in a beautiful mountain jungle, and close to the coast so you can hit the ocean too.

And like I mentioned earlier, Thailand also has the deep sea and mountain lake/river fishing.

Urgh. Thinking about this has me pricing tickets!

Buddy of mine just came back from a year over there, his wife's family are natives.  Simply put outside of stocked ponds the fish stocks have been pretty well "worked over"  He did catch lots of mekong, some large, but from my understanding its not fishing like we know it.  Very hard to pick a spot and succcessfully fish on your own.  Local sport fishermen pay to fish similarly stocked ponds.

Chowdaire

« Reply #27 on: Aug 19, 2016, 08:21 PM »
Buddy of mine just came back from a year over there, his wife's family are natives.  Simply put outside of stocked ponds the fish stocks have been pretty well "worked over"  He did catch lots of mekong, some large, but from my understanding its not fishing like we know it.  Very hard to pick a spot and succcessfully fish on your own.  Local sport fishermen pay to fish similarly stocked ponds.

Yeah. Very true about the ponds. Which is why I tried to stress that. But there is also the deep sea, a buddy of mine used to do a week (or 2?) on a live aboard every November (?) from Phuket to the Maldives. Would get a Marlin or 2 out deep and then cast/fly fish the prestiine beaches, as I recall.

A few other buddies have houses and house boats on the lake that borders Burma. That's a little more our style fishing but for big snakehead.

I lived there for 12 years with a few more spent in and out so I had time to see a few things.

lowaccord66

« Reply #28 on: Aug 19, 2016, 08:31 PM »
Thats very cool.  Ship that's not a bad idea on the tuna thing.  I was watching videos of some guys jigging yellowfin on a headboat looked awesome.

jager61

• FB Page: NY Reservoir Trout
« Reply #29 on: Aug 19, 2016, 11:01 PM »
Step, be happy to help any way I can! John and Jon, an Ice Team trip to CR would be great fun! 😃

MK

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.