FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Off Season  (Read 1513 times)

bigr

Off Season
« on: Aug 18, 2016, 08:49 AM »
My off season means only going once or twice a week and usual last about 4 to 6 weeks with august being most of that time. I'm happy to see august coming to a close and will be ready for September to arrive. With lower temps that are forecasted and the sinking of the sun the fish always  increase their activity. Comfortable fishing conditions makes it more enjoyable along with the changing of scenery and sounds. Longer hrs on the water puts more fish in the boat and cooler water temps firm the meat up making for better eating. I say throw august out and I would have no off seasons. 

Jig_Head

Re: Off Season
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19, 2016, 01:07 AM »
I'm definitely ready for fall

billyex99

« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 2016, 10:06 AM »
Agree, although August has been good to me this year. Favorite time is when the leaves start to change color to right before the majority of them fall off. Seem to be catching bigger smallmouth this year. Do you think that's because of the 12-15 inch slot?

bherr24

« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2016, 11:06 AM »
I usually start getting into some nice walleye and smallmouths late august and september in the river.  Went out for a couple hours last evening and the air felt right and so did the water.  Waded the eel in logansport and the smallies were extremely active. Best night of fishing i have had in probably 2 years.  Found one hole  where it was every cast for a while. Some nice fish too. Another spot i had smallies chasing minnows all over the surface and almost jumping into me on some occasions.  No eyes last night, but soon...

bigr

« Reply #4 on: Aug 22, 2016, 01:34 PM »
I hit Caldwell over the weekend just to test the bite. Wasn't disappointed. Maybe things will start sooner than normal.

bigr

« Reply #5 on: Aug 22, 2016, 01:37 PM »
Bherr24, plenty of fresh water in river now. Resi's are letting out a bit also. I think when they shut down toward end of week the river will give up some more eye's.

bherr24

« Reply #6 on: Aug 22, 2016, 05:31 PM »
Bigr yes that rain was very much needed. River was too low for the last month or so for the spots i like to fish. I fished a catfish tourney saturday and noticed the wabash was muddy, but the eel was still very clear even though it had came up.  I fished yesterday just up from where the 2 meet on the eel side and the bass were stacked thick in that cleaner water in a hole about waist deep.  Fun evening.  May try again here in a few.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.